What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: master spas  (Read 3618 times)

brad

master spas
« on: July 27, 2000, 02:28:00 am »
i have read the board and it seems that the top line manufacturers are:
dimension one, sundance, marquis, caldera, artesian and hot springs. can you tell me how master spas ranks with these. they are more competitive priced in my area. thanks

Hot Tub Forum

master spas
« on: July 27, 2000, 02:28:00 am »

RBoehme

Re:master spas
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2000, 02:43:38 am »
With spas you usually get what you pay for. If it has all of the features you want and you are happy with the dealer and you are sure you are getting a good deal I would say to buy it. I am not familiar with that brand so I can not say anything good or bad. I personally would choose from your list above. Good luck!

brad

Re:Re:master spas
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2000, 02:52:17 am »
i forgot to ask about cal spas. i have read some good and bad. how to they rank with the above mentioned.

RBoehme

Re:Re:Re:master spas
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2000, 03:14:16 am »
IN my personal opinion cal spas is a mediocre spa. It is not bad but there are better.
Good luck.

Victor

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2000, 03:22:41 am »
I was looking at Master as well...but went for a LA SPA Quest series. There a well made spa with a clean layout unlike MAsters. There Foaming is like Cals surrounded by a Jacket...They have a neck jets and a good warantee...I was either buying a Master Haven or LA..La won by default do to bestter price. Sonoma looks interesting I have not checked them out but there pretty beefed up for the price. (SPaDepot.com)

Cal...Cough The word is electical problems...ask around before committing..

Haven spas are Pheonix Spas customized and beefed up. They look good and I would check out there web site. Jim has not lied to me. Dim 1s are pushing that ABS shell...WHITE Very brite in sun and they use a lot of tubbing. With Foam to help support the shells. They have a neat package however. HotSpings I just didnt think there layouts were what I wanted in a SPA...  What ever you buy you will enjoy its just a matter for how long...

Vic

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2000, 03:24:58 am »
just a not on PDC spas suppose to be a very trouble free line.

Eric

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2000, 05:07:13 pm »
I live near where master is produced and have been told by there service tech they have some problems.  Also have found Cal to be reliable product, they use Balboa electronics, which is the same as most major brands. Cal allows for some customizing which I find to be nice on the budget no matter what it is.

SpaSalesMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:master spas
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2000, 01:52:04 am »
You hit a sore spot with me.  I feel this brand misrepresents from head to toe.  From false claims of microband (which Hasbro and numerous companies have been sued for this claim by the FDA) to magnetic therapy, proven not to benefit anything, especially through a spa shell advertised as the thickest. A warranty that is stated in their brochure to be transferrable, though clearly states "to the original purchaser only" They claim to be in business since 1980, though really began in 1997. They purchased regency (who went bankrupt in the early 90's) When a company wants to claim a 20 year track record, shouldnt they claim all the problems with regency? Ohh but on the second page it claims they have 20 years "experience" my personal opinion is that they shouldnt even be put in the same statement with the top manufacturers.

Scott Meeker

Re:Re:Re:Re:master spas
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2002, 12:20:12 am »
I hear the opposite of what you have said.  I also live near the where Master Spas is manufactured (Fort Wayne, IN) and have heard horror stories about Cal Spas and have heard nothing but good stories about Master Spas.

In fact, I just got back from the home show - and there is no comparing the two lines.  Master Spas 2002 product blows Cal Spas out of the water (no pun intended).

Buddy4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: master spas
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 11:18:29 pm »
2005 - Any new info or Masters Spas?

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 12:10:49 am »
If you read around, Master gets whacked for questionable marketing practices.  They were part of the infamous rebate scheme (which a friend of ours got screwed on) and they sponsor shows where they are the only vendor but suggest otherwise.  I have yet to see a real slam on their quality.  From direct experience, my wife's boss likes his 1050, but has had issues with the TV and Stereo, but not the spa itself.  He would recommend the spa to others.

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 10:15:43 am »
Huh???   the flow of this thread doesn't make any sense.
Measure once, cut twice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 10:22:26 am »
Huh???   the flow of this thread doesn't make any sense.

Did you notice it started 5 years ago?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 11:33:28 am »
No, I didn't.  But still...   lol ???
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 11:33:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42