What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What a difference 2 degrees makes  (Read 3245 times)

drprwnap

What a difference 2 degrees makes
« on: October 21, 2005, 08:32:40 am »
During our family soak last night we all noticed how hot we all were. We weren't in the tub that long so I said to my wife that I was going to lower the temp. So I went from 102 to 100. Got in the tub this morining and I couldn't believe the difference.  Although I could stay in longer, I felt a little chilled. I immediately put the temp back up. I realize it's all personal preference but for us it's 102 (at least!).

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

What a difference 2 degrees makes
« on: October 21, 2005, 08:32:40 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: What a difference 2 degrees makes
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 08:43:31 am »
Even 1 degree makes a great difference......and, to me, the comfort level is also very dependent on ambient air temp as well.  I also have a theory that those of us whose body temps run a little lower normally prefer cooler tub temps.....here in Florida, where we are experiencing 80-90 degree days and 50-60 degree nights, I've finally bumped mine back up to 98.  When the coolest (I would say coldest but the snowbirds would hoot and holler too loud  :D) weather comes, I'll bump it up to 100 max.  My normal body temp runs about 97.6.  Anyone else agree with that corellation?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 08:46:09 am »
I leave ours set at about 100 pretty much year round.
When winter comes, I might pop it up to 101 or 102, and maybe down to 99 or 98 if it gets really hot and humid in the summer.
One or two degrees really does make a difference.  
I think my normal body temp is 98.6 give or take a tenth.
Brewman

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 10:24:10 am »
I have heard that your pores open up at 103 and toxins start leaving your body giving you more energy.   Anything below that and your just relaxing in hot water.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 10:30:58 am »
i am only at thr four month mar in my tub and over the summer we had it at 98.  In september i raised it on a chilly night to 101, and I remember posting that I thought that I was going to die.

now it sits at 102 and I am more use to it, but it is still a little warm for me.

When I first wet tested, the tub was sitting at 104.  I went in, and 20min later, I was in the parking lot rolling in snow.  I had a headache for the next six hours and couldnt move due to an altered stated of relaxation.  My wife could not stop laughing, she handled it great.  She said that I should just start smoking drugs instead of spending all that money on a tub, it would be cheaper.

Of course she was only kidding, but until this date, I still cant handle the hot stuff 101 102 thats about it.

amat1950

• Happy Soaker- Tiger River Siberian
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 11:46:58 am »
My normal body temp is also 97.6 and I prefer it cooler. I have ours set at 99 now and it is about 40-50 (air temp) at night when we use it. I am comfortable but my husband would like it a little warmer.(His temp is 98.6.So we will bump it up to 100 -101 soon and see how that is.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 01:28:35 pm »
Even 1 degree makes a great difference......and, to me, the comfort level is also very dependent on ambient air temp as well.  I also have a theory that those of us whose body temps run a little lower normally prefer cooler tub temps.....here in Florida, where we are experiencing 80-90 degree days and 50-60 degree nights, I've finally bumped mine back up to 98.  When the coolest (I would say coldest but the snowbirds would hoot and holler too loud  :D) weather comes, I'll bump it up to 100 max.  My normal body temp runs about 97.6.  Anyone else agree with that corellation?

I'm with you Windy!!  My body temp runs lower than average, and I prefer my tub at 100 max!!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 11:15:38 pm »
I have heard that your pores open up at 103 and toxins start leaving your body giving you more energy.   Anything below that and your just relaxing in hot water.

Normal skin temperature is around 72 degrees. Keep in mind that you feel comfortable sitting in a 72 degree room, while an 80 degree room will feel warm to most.

So - pores open much lower than 103.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Ronnie526

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 07:37:08 am »
Good discussion .... Kinda funny when I look back now, but 1st time in my tub (It's 2 weeks "old" yesterday) I had temp @ 102.  I PANICKED!! .... Couldn't BELIEVE max setting was 104.  I thought I had made a HUGE mistake.  Set @ 104 for next day.  I could BARELY get IN!!!! .... YES 1 or 2 degrees makes a HUGE difference, thank GOD!  ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 08:46:29 am »
My wife prefers it under 100, but I find it too cool. I have it set for 101 and it's nice with temps in the 50's. At higher outdoor temps, 60's and above - I found myself sweating after 5 minutes. I really didn't use the tub with temps above 80's and high humidity.

I don't know where I'll be setting it as the weather gets colder. But I can't wait to be sitting in that thing while it snows!

drprwnap

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 09:31:15 am »

I don't know where I'll be setting it as the weather gets colder. But I can't wait to be sitting in that thing while it snows!

Amen, Vinny. That's something Chas and the "Living in Paradise" people won't experience on a regular basis.  ;) :D
I have sat in my brother's tub during a snow fall and it is fantastic!  For the first time since I was a kid, I'm actually looking FORWARD to snow!! ;D ;D

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 09:57:17 am »
Amen, Vinny. That's something Chas and the "Living in Paradise" people won't experience on a regular basis.  ;) :D
I have sat in my brother's tub during a snow fall and it is fantastic!  For the first time since I was a kid, I'm actually looking FORWARD to snow!! ;D ;D
You guys are twisted. All I can say...

;) ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 10:09:56 am »
You guys are twisted. All I can say...

;) ;)

Chas,

Here in the Northeast all I have to contend with is snow and heat/humidity and an occasional tornado or hurricane.

I can't believe others contend with earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados and deep freezing temps. I pretty much know I WON'T be going in my tub when the temps hit 0 F or below and the wind howling ... OK now, who's twisted?? ??? ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 10:09:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42