What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shopping experiences in STL, MO???  (Read 4982 times)

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Shopping experiences in STL, MO???
« on: October 02, 2005, 11:10:44 pm »
I was wondering if anyone here has purchased a spa
here in STL and could share their experience both shopping and purchasing here in STL?
I would love to hear about the St Louis hot tub market.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 09:43:17 pm by luigi311 »

Hot Tub Forum

Shopping experiences in STL, MO???
« on: October 02, 2005, 11:10:44 pm »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: Any purchases of tubs in STL???
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 11:51:20 pm »
I highly recommend Mirage ;D ;D ;D.......NOT!

You know the places I checked out.  PM if you have any other questions about Arctic.  I should have my spa hopefully in a week or so.  It should get here by the end of this week.  Then the dealer fills it and runs it for 48 hours to insure every thing functions as expected.

k9smith

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 09:09:39 am »
I checked every dealer in STL. I wound up going with Aspen spas. I liked the customer service and there approach to sales. I couldn't find a better value for the money any where I looked. That being said, look at every brand you can and wet test. If you have any questions in particular pm me.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 11:05:09 pm »
I have heard good things from customers of Aspen.

Orthofunk

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 01:18:48 pm »
I did lots of research before getting my Sundance Maxxus from Mirage.  I've been very satisfied with service and support I have gotten from them.  Also, the price was right... especially since I live in Illinois (no tax)

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 10:52:12 pm »
No tax would be nice!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 11:00:31 pm »
I did lots of research before getting my Sundance Maxxus from Mirage.  I've been very satisfied with service and support I have gotten from them.  Also, the price was right... especially since I live in Illinois (no tax)

When I talked with Marquis over in IL, they charged sales tax for MO deliveries.  Personally, I think are pocketing it as furniture stores in IL don't charge sales tax for MO deliveries.  It rubbed me the wrong way.

Glad to hear you had a positive experience at Mirage.

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 10:55:40 am »
When I talked with Marquis over in IL, they charged sales tax for MO deliveries.  Personally, I think are pocketing it as furniture stores in IL don't charge sales tax for MO deliveries.  It rubbed me the wrong way.

In most states with sales tax, it is generally illegal to physically go into a store, buy something, and not pay sales tax.  Many businesses offer this as a way to entice out of state business, but it does not mean the business did not pay the sales tax.  It just means you paid 6% less.

However, if you placed the order over the phone and the product is being delivered sales tax generally can be omitted.

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 11:06:16 am »

I would also like to add small businesses that do the orders over the phone, it is recommended for you to make sure the deposit is mailed via the USPS and not paid via credit card.  This is so you can keep the envelope that shows the USPS stamp of where it was mailed.  If the IRS ever audits you, you would be able to show the envelope to the auditor as proof of a mail order purchase and the reason why the consumer did not pay sales tax.  The envelope is used because the IRS cannot question a document stamped by USPS.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 11:38:52 am »
In this case I will recommend a spa with a TV to watch Pujols hit the winning homerun in the 7th game of the World Series.  It will be  a nice cool evening with the leaves just starting to change
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 07:50:34 pm »
There is a Marquis dealer in Troy, MO. who is a great guy or go to Baker spas for a Hot Spring.

Good shopping.

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 09:42:36 pm »
I checked out Baker and did not like the moto-massage.
Am really interested to find out about people's experiences at various dealerships in St Louis.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 09:47:36 am »
In this case I will recommend a spa with a TV to watch Pujols hit the winning homerun in the 7th game of the World Series.  It will be  a nice cool evening with the leaves just starting to change

Well if that's the case R&S Pool and Spa had a Coast on their floor with a TV for only $9,000. :o :o

I think I can manage to get out of the tub to watch Pujols bat in HD ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:48:16 am by rexspent »

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Shopping experiences in STL, MO???
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 12:06:51 am »
Can't wait for that game Wednesday...

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 08:26:09 am »
StL Rex,

I understand that you had a bad experience at Mirage.  Has anyone else had good or bad experiences shopping for spas in StL?
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 08:26:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42