What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: '05 Maxxus - Filter bad after 3 months?  (Read 7436 times)

Orthofunk

'05 Maxxus - Filter bad after 3 months?
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:19:48 pm »
I have had my Maxxus for only 3 months.
Tonite, I notice that the readout is flashing "FLO", and the heater won't kick on.  I look at the filter, and it looks like it is caving in on itself... like its clogged.
The dealer told me these filters only get replaced once a year.  Do I need a new one already?
Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

'05 Maxxus - Filter bad after 3 months?
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:19:48 pm »

salesdvl

Re: '05 Maxxus - Filter bad after 3 months?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:31:04 pm »
sounds like it
Measure once, cut twice.

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 10:46:23 pm »
  I've had to replace mine in my Majesta. Dealer said there was a problem with the manufacturing. Just get a hold of your dealer and let them know you're bringing in one that's collapsed inward and he/she should have a replacement to give you. My dealer gave me a new one and said that's why they have a warranty.  paul  
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 09:07:19 am »
My '05 maxxus is going on 6 months & I have not had any problems W/ my filter. My dealer told me that the filter was good for only 6 months. How long are they rated for? (based on average usage). On another note I finally received my steps & the color match & quality is very good.

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 10:08:21 am »
My '05 maxxus is going on 6 months & I have not had any problems W/ my filter. My dealer told me that the filter was good for only 6 months. How long are they rated for? (based on average usage). On another note I finally received my steps & the color match & quality is very good.

The filters are not rated for any length of time.  The Microclean II filters are generally supposed to last about 6 months, but it depends on the amount of use the spa gets.  The more use the more replacing.  If it was my spa, I would replace it about every 4 months when the spa gets drained.  I have not read or heard anything that would tell me the filters are supposed to last a whole year.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 11:37:30 am »
OMG, a hundred bucks every 4 months for a filter, I don't spend that much on vehicle maintinence! (gas not included) When I was working in our Sundance store, before the Caldera store was fully operational, the customers were told these filters needed no cleaning and only needed replaced 1 x per year. Well, now I guess there's more bull $#(^ to wade through! Funky_K, try rinsing the thing off, it MIGHT help, I know they aren't designed to be cleaned but it cant hurt to try.

The filters are not rated for any length of time.  The Microclean II filters are generally supposed to last about 6 months, but it depends on the amount of use the spa gets.  The more use the more replacing.  If it was my spa, I would replace it about every 4 months when the spa gets drained.  I have not read or heard anything that would tell me the filters are supposed to last a whole year.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 12:05:29 pm »
If your dealership is charging $100 bucks that seems to be a little high to me.  They should cost at most $75 bucks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 02:32:12 pm by Chris_H »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 03:02:17 pm »
How do you figure?

If your dealership is charging $100 bucks that seems to be a little high to me.  They should cost at most $75 bucks.

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 03:13:48 pm »
I am going to change my opinion.  I think $80 would be a fair price and give the dealer a very fair margin.  At $100, I think the margin is pretty high.

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 07:38:19 pm »
I just paid $95 for my filter I hope its good for 6 months.

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 08:06:26 pm »
  My expectation is 9 months of life in the filter. Can't say based on the first two if that happens.  Initial use of the tub was probably three times a day. Averaging just over once a day now and I expect that will stay about the same but going to just under once a day when the teeth of winter sets in.

I imagine lots depends on environmental factors (debris in the air like leaves, bugs, hairs that get in to the tub when using/cleaning). I was told 9 months was a decent expectation so I budgeted for two a year so I have the cash flow. Did the same with chemical usage suggestions as well. I'll know the real numbers next year. If I haven't spent the allotted budget then I'll spring for a rubber duck. Can't find a Fighting Irish one though.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 02:00:44 pm »
We charge 95, for the sake of the forum, I round the nimbers, none-the-less $95 is the right price for the filter.

I am going to change my opinion.  I think $80 would be a fair price and give the dealer a very fair margin.  At $100, I think the margin is pretty high.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 02:02:29 pm »
Feel free to think what you wish, but this is specialty retail, not wall, K or what ever other mart you can think of.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 07:41:01 am »
I'm 4 months into my Optima "maintenance free" filter, no problems yet. With the tub indoors, and light to moderate use, the filter still looks brand new to me.

Since I plan on changing my water this month, I was thinking that it would have been nice for Sundance to de-engineer the filter (with a reduction in replacement cost), so that it would be replaced when the water was changed.

Sundance does offer a optional washable filter for the Optima (Maxxus too?) That one cost around $60. I have one on stand-by, just in case.

I could see in certain, extreme conditions, the washable filter would be the only economical option.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 08:01:01 am »
The MicroClean II filters are good for two cycles of water.  The typical cycle of water is 3-6 months.  

And Wisoki is correct about the price.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 08:01:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42