What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Smell Mold ????  (Read 2104 times)

Smiley

Smell Mold ????
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:41:14 pm »
I hooked up my spa about a week ago.  I have put in the correct chemicals (baquaspa). When I turn on my jets it smells like mold.  ??? This has just happened in the past two days.  Please help!!  What can I do? ::)

Hot Tub Forum

Smell Mold ????
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:41:14 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Smell Mold ????
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 08:24:03 am »
my arctic chemicals has a product called swril away.  You add it and let the tub run right befroe you plan on doing a water change.

Is it a used tub???

you may have mold from it sitting around for a bit or some form of bacteria.  

Either way, I would add a treatment like the one I mentioned and drain and refill.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 08:32:07 am »
It also may be the Baqua.  When we were using it we had problems, and asked the dealer for advice.  
He asked us if our water smelled musty, or like dirty socks.  Is that the kind of smell you have?  
He said it's a relatively common complaint among Baqua users, and recommended we stop using the waterline control and switch to Spa Perfect instead.  
We did try it (It was even more expensive than Baqua's stuff) and it didn't help so we dumped the Baqua.

Ask your Baqua supplier if they get those type of complaints, and what they recommend.  

If you do switch, you're going to have to get rid of as much Baqua water as possible, including the gallon or so that may remain in your plumbing after you drain.  
I had to put a wet vac on the jets to get all of ours out.
I also did the swirl away treatment prior to draining.

Brewman

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:39:01 pm »
I'm not sure these are necessary if you keep ppm of sanitizer proper, but there are bacteria test strips available for anyone that's interested.  

TubbinSoon, now we be tubbin

• Wot the
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 07:19:27 pm »
Can you do a sniff test and see if the odor is coming from the cover or pillows or the water? Do you have ozone? It makes a strange odor.

I find that the two piece cover I have gets a small amount of mold growing in the split hinge area and under the zipper covers. I wipe it with a disposable rag with some bleach and it knocks it out for a while. First time I tried this I had an orange shirt on and I leaned over the cover wiping all of it I did not notice that I was rubbing my shirt on the bleached area. Opps. Tie dyed now.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 07:19:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42