What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delay purchase??  (Read 4245 times)

PackerPaul

• Go Packers
Delay purchase??
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:27:40 pm »
Great Forum!! Been lurking for a couple of weeks now.
 We will be adding on a new deck/screened in porch to our house next spring (april/may 06) and will be putting a hot tub in it.
 Is it a good idea to 'lock in' the 2005 pricing now or wait till spring 2006? Any dealers out there that have a realistic guess on price increases for 2006? We could purchase it now and store it in an unheated garage for 5-6 months....will this damage it it any way? I imagine that our warranty is from date of purchase not date of first use...correct?
 We have quotes as follows...
 Sundance optima w/stereo   $8800
 Caldera aspire w/stereo   $7800
 Caldera niagra   $8000 +or- 200(cant remember)
Thanks for your help and again this is a terrific forum!!

Hot Tub Forum

Delay purchase??
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:27:40 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Delay purchase??
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 02:37:45 pm »
Tom Delay is under investigation for purchasing a hot tub?

Welcome to the forum.  One of our experts will be along to help you shortly. I'm just the zookeeper.
;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 02:55:03 pm »
Storing the spa in a garage should not hurt it. A better idea though would be to see if you can lock in on a price now, on a 2006 Spa. Tell the dealer exactly when you want it so he can order it for you in time to fall in with your plans, we do this all the time, I tell people that a deposit will hold the price for 6-12 months. Your warranty starts when the Spa is delivered.

mjb

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 03:42:24 pm »
That's a good price on the Optima.
A $ 400 - 500 price increase for 2006
would not be out of the question with
raw material costs rising.
Warranty generally starts the day
of delivery.
Have your dealer winterize the spa
for storage in your garage.

PackerPaul

• Go Packers
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 06:03:58 pm »
A better idea though would be to see if you can lock in on a price now, on a 2006 Spa. Tell the dealer exactly when you want it so he can order it for you in time to fall in with your plans, we do this all the time, I tell people that a deposit will hold the price for 6-12 months. Your warranty starts when the Spa is delivered.

Thanks for the advice.
We wet tested the caldera aspire & niagra this last weekend & bought the niagra. The dealer said that they would hold it for us till we wanted delivery next spring!
I don't know how I will last that long though...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 06:24:39 pm »

Thanks for the advice.
We wet tested the caldera aspire & niagra this last weekend & bought the niagra. The dealer said that they would hold it for us till we wanted delivery next spring!
 I don't know how I will last that long though...

PackerPaul,
Congrats. We see people here agonizing over a couple weeks but waiting until spring may get to ya, especially if the Packers don't come around (though 6-10 may get them the division title). Maybe your dealer will give you visitation rights and allow you to watch the Packer games on Sundays in their wet test spa until yours is ready!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 06:26:56 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

PackerPaul

• Go Packers
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 08:20:00 pm »

especially if the Packers don't come around (though 6-10 may get them the division title).

'O ye of little faith' I think 8-8 will win it!! ;) I'm in Minneapolis for training for the next two weeks & a bunch of the guys here want to take the train in to the Humphrey Dome this sunday to try to get tickets cheap(right after kickoff, they should be going cheap by then)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 08:28:33 pm »
a bunch of the guys here want to take the train in to the Humphrey Dome this sunday to try to get tickets

Train? Take the boat.

BTW, there isn't a team in that division that can go 8-8 IMO.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 08:39:56 pm »
After recent events, I'm thinking there will be no shortage of tickets for the Packers game.  
Of course if the Vikings play against Green Bay like they played against Chicago, you'd have to give me front row seats on the 50 yard line, and a limo ride to and from the game, with free drinks thrown in to get me to consider going.
Brewman

PackerPaul

• Go Packers
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 08:48:55 pm »
Train? Take the boat.

BTW, there isn't a team in that division that can go 8-8 IMO.

I might consider that if it's the same boat the Vikings players use. ;D

Texas_Tubs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 11:19:20 am »
I would definitely suggest purchasing your spa now.  No telling how much prices will go up.  Also those prices you were quoted for an aspire and niagara are great prices.  I know some dealers will agree to put you on a layaway program with the spa.  Meaning put a deposit on it now and make payments each month until you are ready for delivery.  Ask your dealer if that is an option.

Good Luck!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 11:33:36 am »

Welcome to the forum.  One of our experts will be along to help you shortly. I'm just the zookeeper.
 ;D

Wow! You should greet all the newcomers!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 11:33:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42