What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: They're HERE!!!  (Read 3082 times)

cappykat

They're HERE!!!
« on: October 17, 2005, 11:58:31 am »
I was working in my home office this morning and heard something in the backyard.  I looked out and what did I see....the crew excavating our backyard!!!

I'm so excited!!  I can't believe it...everything is starting to roll.  Woo Hoo!!! ;D :D :) :o
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 12:16:50 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

They're HERE!!!
« on: October 17, 2005, 11:58:31 am »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: They're HERE!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 02:05:25 pm »
cappykat,
That's a great feeling. Before this June I could not imagine a backhoe and dumptruck in the back of my 70' x 100' lot but they managed.
May there be no surprises! :O

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 02:12:30 pm »
very very nice design Phil.....for all of our good weather and the chance to be at the beach and the snow on same day, we do not have much of the nice decks or back porches here in so cal ....

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 03:04:31 pm »
Phil...that is a great looking room.  Very nice!  I like the idea of a shower and I want to incorporate that in our design also.  
2005 Marquis Epic

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 03:56:26 pm »
Mendo & cappycat,
We decided to go with a screened-in porch for two reasons: my wife and I don't want to share the tub with the mosquitoes in the summer (we're about 100 yards from the Hudson River) nor do we want to shovel off the snow in the winter (we get our share).
Previously, we only rarely used our backyard due to skeeters and no see'ums. Just two nights ago my wife found a mosquito buzzing around her and its the middle of October, fer cryin' out loud!
;D Now with the porch, we're out there a lot more even when we're not in the tub! ;D

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 04:18:39 pm »
We were going to do a screened porch for the same reasons (bugs) but switched gears when we had to have a licensed architect/engineer sign off on the plans to submit for a building permit.  It just seemed to get too complicated.

We are planning to build a pagoda (at a later date) over the hot-tub and screen it in.  After the condition our backyard has been in....anything will be an improvement!
2005 Marquis Epic

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 05:06:30 pm »
Phil...that is a great looking room.  Very nice!  I like the idea of a shower and I want to incorporate that in our design also.  

I'll second that. Very nice design, and it looks like the workmanship is first rate. The shower is a great idea, maybe I'll just have to steal that one from you. I know how you feel about projects taking longer then planned. My decks about 2 or 3 weeks behind schedule. They should be dropping the tub in on Wends day, so its possible I could be up and running this weekend.

Cappykat - Good to hear your projects finally of the ground. Don't know if you have any boys or not, but if so they must be loving the backhoe tearing up the yard. Oh by the way I hate to tell you this but it looks like your thread got hijacked.

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 05:30:45 pm »
HAAA!!  That's ok bosco...that's one of the things I love about this forum.  The more that jump in the better!

We don't have any children at home.  We have one daughter who has a 6 year old.  They didn't use a backhoe or any "big" machines, so he wouldn't have been impressed.  

The backyard is all cleared.  Can't wait til the actual design starts to happen.
2005 Marquis Epic

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 06:04:34 pm »
Great News cappycat!! It'll be completed before you know it!

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 08:01:25 pm »
Hi Vinny!  Before long I'll be posting pictures!
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 08:01:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42