What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Cord Length for 110v Spas  (Read 2855 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Cord Length for 110v Spas
« on: October 16, 2005, 08:57:28 pm »
If I am not mistaken 15 ft is the UL standard and is what all 110 spas come with.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: October 16, 2005, 08:57:28 pm »

Brookenstein

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 09:51:15 pm »
Awesome!  I think I might be in business then.  I'm not sure where the cord would come out from, but as long as we could have it on the corner nearest the outlet... I think all we need is about 7 feet or so.  

Now to figure out what other lights/outlets the outlet is connected to and whether or not it could handle the spa.

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:04:59 pm »
Ahhh, I remember when my first 110 was delivered.  I got to be there and cut the cord....... ::)
Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:06:20 pm »
OR...

Brook, if you needed to, you could probably take that tractor and move that hill back a few feet or so.   ;D ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Brookenstein

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 10:19:13 pm »
OR...

Brook, if you needed to, you could probably take that tractor and move that hill back a few feet or so.   ;D ;D

My plan was to level out a 12x10 section on the hill and put a spa up there.... BUT its all manual labor, they can't get a tractor up there, and I think I would need a spa while I did the manual labor to ease my aching body.  Ideally that is where I want the spa... but the $$$ for a retaining wall, wiring, and pad would add up and price me right out of the possibilty.  Maybe in a few years we could upgrade and do it.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 01:21:42 am »
Did you get the Jetsetter?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 02:06:20 am »
Did you get the Jetsetter?

Not yet.  I haven't heard back from my friend yet.  The coworker was going down to San Diego where her son is, and the tub is this weekend with a list of questions I had.  She was suppose to call my friend with the answers, but hasn't.  Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.

I'm also debating whether I can just splurge and get something say from the Marquis Everyday line for a little bit more.... but at least have a warranty and a little more space.

Decisions, decisions.  Now, I just need to make sure my husbands back continues to hurt for a few more days.   :D

Oh, and from what I can tell my outlet outside is connected to the bathroom outlets and one out in the garage, but thats it.  I'm too lazy to blow dry or curl my hair, so the only thing occasionally plugged in there are clippers for giving the kids haircuts or the electric razor charging.  Should this outlet be okay handling the spa?

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 11:54:21 am »
Brook,

The outlet should be fine. Cutters/razors dont draw much, and the spa will be on cycles so the likelyhood of it tripping are minimal. Please keep us posted on the Jetsetter!

socal
Marquis dealer

Brookenstein

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 02:52:55 pm »
Oh I am so bummed.  The guy sold the Jetsetter for $1000 on Friday before his mom got there to tell him I was interested.   :'(

So that means one of two things... either I don't get a spa or I get a new more expensive one.  Sure hope I can convince the man of the latter....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 02:52:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42