What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thank you Scotty!!  (Read 1575 times)

cappykat

Thank you Scotty!!
« on: October 17, 2005, 10:58:15 am »
That's a "thank you" to our son in law.  He did our electrical this weekend for the cost of materials which were about $325.  
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Thank you Scotty!!
« on: October 17, 2005, 10:58:15 am »

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
Re: Thank you Scotty!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 11:24:12 am »
That's about half of what mine cost, but I didn't have an electrician in the family.

We do have good friends who own a paver company who put in our patio for the cost of the bricks and materials and it only cost around $900 so I guess I should count my blessings.

It does help to know handy people.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 11:36:55 am »
It does help to know handy people.

Or to be one.

Years ago my brother in law built his own home.  I spent a lot of time helping him- electrical, plumbing, drywall, ceramic tile, you name it.  I didn't get paid for the work, but I learned enough from him that I've saved thousands over the years doing my own work.
Brewman

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:04:01 pm »
Actually, my husband told me I had the $ wrong.  It was about $200 for materials.

It has been a godsend to know people who are helping to keep our costs down.  We are good friends with the guy who owns the landscaping company so we feel we're going to get a beautiful backyard.

My father was a custom home builder and my husband worked with him in the early years of our marriage.  He learned a lot also, and that's why he's so handy now.

It definitely helps to have connections.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 12:04:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42