What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima - 1st week chronology  (Read 3669 times)

Ronnie526

Sundance Optima - 1st week chronology
« on: October 16, 2005, 08:20:48 am »
Friday 10/7 .... Tub, cover & lifter delivered ... Crane guys did a great job.  Friendly, helpful. ;D

Saturday - 10/8 .... Wired hot tub (CORRECTLY! ;D) .... turned breaker on .... NO display. Called Dealer .... With a little "persuasion", got scheduled for a service call Monday 10/10 (holiday) & also my "Orientation" by Dealer, for Thursday nite 10/13.  Was told Service Tech would call to make appt.  No call. >:(

Monday - 10/10 .... Service sub contractor showed up (glad I was HOME?)  Diagnosed as bad main board & replaced it.  (My Dealer had sent him the board to bring)  ;D.  Display on, pumps on YAY!

Tuesday - 10/11 .... I installed cover lifter despite things not lining up quite right (in my opinion).

Thursday Nite - 10/13 .... Orientation guy shows up on time (early, actually).  I show him cover lifter dilemna, he informs me that it is the lifter for a Hot Springs tub, NOT the Sundance.  YIKES! .... Says I did a nice job of installing it considering it's the WRONG lifter. LOL.  We also notice that "AquaTerrace" light control pad is not working.  Actually, he says he doesn't think light controls DO what I say they're supposed to do??  I show him manual.  Nice guy, but doesn't know too much about my tub.  ??? Makes out his report & says some will call tomorrow to rectify.

Friday - 10/14 .... No call.

Saturday 10/15 .... I call & speak with "Team Leader", who sold me tub.  I explain situation (he says he hasn't seen report).  Tells me Hot Springs lifter CAN be used with Sundance tub.  I explain that pivot bolt (if tightened in fully) will be GOUGING my skirt.  He asks me to E-Mail him pictures.  I also explain (as Orientation guy told me) that correct lifter "hinge" is SMALLER than Hot Springs hinge & I will have 12 holes showing on EACH side of my new tub. GRRRRRRRR!  Regarding light control pad, he thinks Service Tech may have forgotten to plug light harness into main board.  Says he will send him back this week.  Reassures me that he will do whatever it takes to make things PERFECT! ???

Sunday 10/16 (today) .... I will go out & check to see if harness just needs to be plugged in.  If it's obvious, (I'm an HVAC Service Tech), I'll just plug it in & save them a trip.

Sooooooooooo .... LOL .... All in all I have mixed emotions & am a little frustrated  :-/.  I WILL say my wife & I are in the tub EVERY nite rain or shine & LOVE it!  ;D  Not sure if I'm out of line to request that my "perforated" side panels be replaced to install correct cover lifter?  And also maybe the "drink holder filter cover" for my troubles?  I should have prefaced cover lifter story by mentioning that I got $100 "off" by installing myself, but I'll also say that nowhere on box or instructions does it designate which manufacturer this lifter fits.

Thanks for listening to me vent  ;D  As you can hopefully tell, I'm a pretty reasonable guy.  I'm not trying to screw my Dealer, but I did buy "new", not "re-conditioned"

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima - 1st week chronology
« on: October 16, 2005, 08:20:48 am »

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sundance Optima - 1st week chronology
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 08:31:43 am »
What city are you in?  Wondering what dealer this is???

Ronnie526

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 08:37:41 am »
Luiji .... I'd kinda rather not say.  I spose if Dealer reads here, he'll recognize me, but he's been responsive so far & I want to give him the opportunity to straighten things out.  I take it you think he's not doing too good?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 08:56:29 am »
Luiji .... I'd kinda rather not say.  I spose if Dealer reads here, he'll recognize me, but he's been responsive so far & I want to give him the opportunity to straighten things out.  I take it you think he's not doing too good?

My guess is your a Steeler's fan? ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 09:44:26 am »
If it were me, I would have them replace the panels.  And by all means have them throw in the drink holder.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 10:49:46 am »
Ronnie,
Sundance is a great company and they didn't get that way choosing bad dealers, to represent them. You have had some glitches and set backs, but I'm sure the dealer will work this out for you. You should ask for and recieve the two new side panels, since the wrong lifter was sent by them. The way try to avoid these problems, is we install lifters and any other accessories at delivery. Never allowing the customer to do it.When we leave the yard everything is ready to go. In some cases, the electrician is standing there, waiting to wire the spa and the customer will fill the spa, while we are installing the lifter and the electrician is completing the hookup. By the time we are finished installing the lifter, we are able to fire up the spa with the customer. This also puts us in a position to address any problem, however small at the startup. When an electrician comes at a later time to hookup, we make an appointment with the customer, to do a startup/indoctrination with a tech. This gives the customer a full understanding of the operation and chemical maintanence of the spa and reduces unneccesary service calls. Maybe your dealer can install the new lifter for you on the new panels. Hope everything works out soon and enjoy your new tub.

Ronnie526

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 11:39:05 am »
Dave .... Sounds like a well oiled machine you have working there.  I'm giving my Dealer the benefit of the doubt that he will resolve things to my satisfaction & I don't see it as a reflection on Sundance as a manufacturer.

BTW .... Orientation guy told me he feels chlorinating does a better job of sanitizing than bromine (even tho tub has a "Brominator TM .. a special compartment built into the floating skimmer gate to hold bromine tablets" & that I should use chlorine.  

Just checked my manual ....

"IMPORTANT:  Do not use chlorine tablets (Trichlor) in your hot tub".......  so on so forth....... "Damage caused by use of this chemical, or improper use of any chemicals, is not covered under the hot tub's warranty"

Guess it's a good thing I RTFM befor I voided my warranty, huh?

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 11:51:01 am »
Ronnie,
You have a great tub there, your dealer will come through for you. Some manufacturers do have limitations on trichlor tablets. Some folks do prefer chlorine, but they will use Dichlor in a powder form, not tablets. Bromine is still the most popular sanitizer for hot tubs. Nature 2 used in conjuction to your ozonator and regular MPS or Dichlor Shock treatments is also very effective and an alternative to Bromine or Chlorine, for those that do not like a chemical smell or have allergies to chlorine. Hopefully, you have some cool air right now, so you can really enjoy the hot water. Keep in touch with how things are going and any questions. I'm off now, with the family to the great pumpkin patch and corn maze. The Eagles are off today. After last weeks horrible game, we need a week off . Dave.

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 12:55:56 pm »
Ronnie - that compartment on the floating gate also holds the nature2 cartridge that is made for Sundance - SunPurity, I think the name is.  That's what my dealer gave me to use in my Cameo.  That, the ozonator and dichlor are what keeps my tub crystal clear - always!!  Oh, the 24 hr. circulation pump too - that's the best!!!  I had a spa previously that didn't have a 24 hr. circ pump and there is no comparison.  Would never have a spa again without one!!!

Enjoy your new spa!!!  Mine is just over 3 months old and it's the easiest thing in the world to maintain - so nice to never have to clean a filter!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 12:56:46 pm by TrikkeAddict »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 12:55:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42