What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gulf coast spa  (Read 2161 times)

frank5424

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Gulf coast spa
« on: October 15, 2005, 08:54:07 pm »
i am posting this message to help others avoid what happenened to me. i seen the infomercial for gulf coast spa about 3 months ago. called number and a few days later i received a call from 1 of there salesmen he told me where his showroom was myself and a friend went to showroom(joke) it was i a big garage i should of did the smart thing and ran out of there screaming but i fell for the pitch and purchased there top of the line spa (joke again) my buddy purchased the same spa. since i have had my spa i have had a leak on the control panel the blower motor went  pump 1 broke and now i need a new power pack. there warranty starts by having to get them on the phone then you have to take panels off unit and run tests so they can figure out what is wrong with the unit then after they do this they send you the part that they think is the problem they also hold your credit card # until you send old part back no charge for this unless you dont send back part (i guess this is so they can rebuild these junk parts and send them out to another sucker. when my power pack went i told them this was a difficult part for me to change and i wanted a repair man to do this. they said no problem but there would be a travel charge from the repair man . now does this sound like a good product and warranty. by the way my buddy has had 3 problems with his spa.      

Hot Tub Forum

Gulf coast spa
« on: October 15, 2005, 08:54:07 pm »

Chris_H

Re: Gulf coast spa
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 09:09:38 pm »
Many dealers of reputuble brands have a mileage charge for warranty service.  

Just out of curiousity when you saw the garage in which the spas were located, did you honestly think you were getting one of the best spas manufactured?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 11:58:39 pm »
there warranty starts by having to get them on the phone then you have to take panels off unit and run tests so they can figure out what is wrong with the unit then after they do this they send you the part that they think is the problem they also hold your credit card # until you send old part back no charge for this unless you dont send back part (i guess this is so they can rebuild these junk parts and send them out to another sucker.     

This is the part that gets me. If the customer understands what they're getting then all is fine but they tout this 24 hr phone help as a big plus for the customer when it's largely there for them. They're really looking to avoid the labor to fix the spa. They take a negative (the customer has to do much of the work  ??? :() and turn it into a postive (we provide 24 hr pnone service  ;) ???). That would be perfectly fine if the customer understood it before purchasing.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 11:58:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42