What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First glitch  (Read 3450 times)

drprwnap

First glitch
« on: October 15, 2005, 10:20:04 am »
Dealer just called.  Their part-time helper called off and he wondered if I had a couple of extra helpers, just in case.
I hope myself and my future son-in-law will be enough :-/

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

First glitch
« on: October 15, 2005, 10:20:04 am »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: First glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 10:28:43 am »
My dealer delivered with 3 people. I was the "extra" just in case!

I was amazed how easy they manuvered a 800 lb tub. Depending on how high and far you have to go, it shouldn't be a problem.

They delivered on a spa dolly and I "helped" when the tub kind of tipped and I kept it from leaning too far (sounds like more help then I actually did!). They also used PVC piping to slide and roll it somewhat.

It'll be OK - Soaking in the tub, you'll forget about this glitch!

Good Luck!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:49:31 am »
We deliver with 3 guys and never is the customer allowed to help as that spa is our responsibility as well as the crew delivering it, what if your future son in law gets hurts who foots the bill? Besides the fact that it is highly unproffessional in my book to ask consumers that just paid 10k for a spa to help lift it. "Tacky " come to mind also! ;D ;D ;D
-SpaMan~

scubacurt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 12:13:13 pm »
Call the dealer back and ask what the pay scale is for each helper.   If I buy the tub and he includes delivery and setup, then I expect delivery and setup, not hauling it to my house and then asking me to throw in all the labor for free.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 12:15:24 pm »
future son in a law!!!!

he has no choice then  ;D

i agree call the dealer and see if you can get a bit of a discount.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 01:52:11 pm »
Our spa was delivered by two guys on a spa trailer/dolly rig.  They had no trouble pulling it around to the back yard, and we have a pretty steep hill to go down, having a walkout lot and all.  The delivery guys did ask me to walk along side the spa as it went down the hill, just in case, and I did, but I wasn't needed.  
It was really no big deal.
Brewman

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 05:00:17 pm »
Congrats!!  Don't forget...WE WANT PICTURES!! ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 10:26:22 pm »
We dont allow our customer to 'help' in their spa delivery.

In most cases, its me and a helper using a SpaDolly built by Almar Mfg,... now BCI Mfg.(spadolly.com)

The problem with having a customer 'help' is that they havent the same experiences we have being in the business- and even when they 'volunteer', they are a liability problem if they are injured in even the slightest way.

If there is some question about access to the delivery location, I will often recommend a crane service in lieu of taking a 800 lb spa up a 45 degree slope on a 12 foot vertical rise- or letting the air out of the tires of our SpaKart to scrape under a roof eve.

drprwnap has a legitimate gripe about being asked to help in his delivery. Not cool!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 10:26:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42