What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help! Something broke *Update-Circ pump  (Read 9924 times)

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
Re: Help! Something broke *Update-Circ pump
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 11:11:33 pm »
Hi Constance,
If you read the Sundance warranty, it states "You may be accessed reasonable costs of travel". during warranty.Any fees charged are totally at the disgretion of the dealer. For instance the local Sundance dealer in my market does charge a $75.00 fee for all warranty calls, does not matter if it's a month old or 2 or 3 years old or whether you live 5 miles away or 60 miles. This is the fee charged locally here. I'm sure there are some Sundance Dealers that choose to charge nothing, while others charge a small fee or in your case, a bit more. Goodluck. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 11:11:33 pm »

J._McD

Re: Help! Something broke on my spa!!
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 11:56:54 pm »
The dealer is about 1 hr 15 min away and the $125 fee is a flat rate eventhough it maybe warrantee work.  I was very, very suprised to fine that there is a service fee on warrantee work.  I know  on other products like refrigerators ans stoves there is no fee and the tub costs MUCH MORE than those products.  Sundance is suppose to be one of the main quality spa manufactures, so I had expected that quality service went along with it.  I don't want to say anything bad yet about Sundance--perhaps it's just my dealer not being satisfied with what Sundance pays him to do warrantee service work, so he has his own little rules.
I tried to pull the connectors for the ozonator, but was unable to get them off.  My husband is going to try when he gets home from work.  I didn't want to break anything.  The salesman didn't think it was the heater since they are made of titanium and aren't usually a problem.
The salesman didn't act either like I necessarily needed to replace the ozonator if that was the problem.  REALLY?? I don't know a whole lot about them.  We don't have a heavy use of the tub.  Do they make much of a difference?  
Connie

It is Best to talk to a service tech at the dealership.  The salesman is wrong, the heater in a Seetwater is not titainium.  But, he is a salesman.  Titainium heaters are in the 850's and 880's only.

Ozone is an accessory that is added by the dealer and carries a 1 year replacement warranty, but no labor.

spazman

• Soaking in my "modified" '98 Sundance Corum!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 12:25:46 am »
It is best if you drain the spa to replace the circ. pump. No need getting water in places it shouldn't be .

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2005, 01:47:49 am »
It is best if you drain the spa to replace the circ. pump. No need getting water in places it shouldn't be .

You can often clamp off on both sides of the circ pump and remove it without having to drain. Ask your dealer for some advice over the phone and do it yourself, piece of cake whether you drain or not.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2005, 08:50:05 am »
The circ pump is really easy to access, just pull off your service panel and it's right there on the bottom of the spa.  If you are not comfortable with the DIY, then have the dealer do it.  Our dealer doesn't charge a trip fee, but they are pretty close to the house, about a 15 minute drive.  Knock wood, haven't needed them yet.

Looking at the pump, it does seem pretty straight forward to replace.  But I wouldn't wait too long to get it fixed.  Without that pump, no heat.  Not sure where you live, but in this area you never know when a cold snap might blow thru.

Good luck on your repair.

Brewman

SpaMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2005, 10:55:44 am »
I have never heard of trip charges to a customer if they live within like 30 miles from the dealer. Is this common that the customer pays for trip charges? as we dont charge these trip charges even if the warranty reads "will be charged reasonable trip charges" we do not charge it.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 11:21:35 am »
I'd suggest the owner of your company review this policy. Unles you are charging enough for the spas to cover 4 or 5 anticipated warranty calls through the next 5 years. Otherwise you are losing money. Warranty shouldn't make the dealer money, but it shouldn't be a financial drain either, which it is if you aren't assesing a service fee. I don't know of any other appliance you purchase where it is FREE to have a service technician come to your house. Not refridgerators, ranges, dishwashers, etc... Small appliances that can be brought back to the retailer you can sometimes get fixed at no charge, bu have you had to take your "under warranty" computer in lately. I drove mine in and STILL got charged 45 bucks for them to replace my "under warranty" CD drive. Nothing is FREE.

I have never heard of trip charges to a customer if they live within like 30 miles from the dealer. Is this common that the customer pays for trip charges? as we dont charge these trip charges even if the warranty reads "will be charged reasonable trip charges" we do not charge it.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Brookenstein

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2005, 12:00:47 pm »
I don't know of any other appliance you purchase where it is FREE to have a service technician come to your house. Not refridgerators, ranges, dishwashers, etc...

I had problems with my washer (Kenmore) that were covered by warranty and I did not have to pay anything.  When my new car has warranty work, I do not have to pay... granted I take the car to them, but they do drive me home and pick me up.

I guess I don't see a problem with having to pay a service fee if you know about it up front.  I think its a different story when you are blind sided with it later.  

We had a home warranty on the house and I had to pay $45 every time I had someone come out (that is for different problems, if they had to come out more than once for the same issue within 30 days, it was covered by the same fee).  I had no problem paying the $45 and I think it was also in the companies best interest because it forced me to trouble shoot some issues myself because I didn't want to spend the $45.  But when it came to the gas furnace going out, that was definately well spent money.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 12:06:14 pm »

Thats the way my dealer (R.I.P.) worked.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hymbaw

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2005, 12:33:42 pm »
We have a form for out of town customer to sign when they buy the tub that there will be a mileage charge for service calls.
The $125 isn't out of line but springing it on you later is a little shady.
You state that the dealer wants to send you a pump. Did he give you the option of paying the $125 and having him do it? I'm not sure if replacing the pump yourself might void your warranty, but I would guess it does. Check first. 1-800-773-7727
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 11:21:23 am »
Replacing a pump is not a modification of the spa in any way and will not void any warranty, that is unless the dealer tattles on the customer to the manufacturer.

We have a form for out of town customer to sign when they buy the tub that there will be a mileage charge for service calls.
The $125 isn't out of line but springing it on you later is a little shady.
You state that the dealer wants to send you a pump. Did he give you the option of paying the $125 and having him do it? I'm not sure if replacing the pump yourself might void your warranty, but I would guess it does. Check first. 1-800-773-7727

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 04:40:07 pm »
I'd suggest the owner of your company review this policy. Unles you are charging enough for the spas to cover 4 or 5 anticipated warranty calls through the next 5 years. Otherwise you are losing money. Warranty shouldn't make the dealer money, but it shouldn't be a financial drain either, which it is if you aren't assesing a service fee. I don't know of any other appliance you purchase where it is FREE to have a service technician come to your house. Not refridgerators, ranges, dishwashers, etc... Small appliances that can be brought back to the retailer you can sometimes get fixed at no charge, bu have you had to take your "under warranty" computer in lately. I drove mine in and STILL got charged 45 bucks for them to replace my "under warranty" CD drive. Nothing is FREE.

i beg to differ...... i had a service call on my 9 month old ge fridge, and it was free, period. they had to replace a bad fan, relay in the freezer section, and something else, i forget... but there was no trip charge. I am an ops manager in the security alarm biz and run a fleet of trucks. on our warrantee calls for the 1st year there is no trip charge. past that there is, but we also sell service contracts that run $5-20 per month and can run indefinitely. if something dies for any reason other than the customer causing it to fail, and they have a service contract in place, we replace/repair at no charge, or trip charge also. some of our competitors do charge trip charges, for everything ....... some dont....  

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 12:29:39 pm »
Who'd you buy your fridge from?

i beg to differ...... i had a service call on my 9 month old ge fridge, and it was free, period. they had to replace a bad fan, relay in the freezer section, and something else, i forget... but there was no trip charge. I am an ops manager in the security alarm biz and run a fleet of trucks. on our warrantee calls for the 1st year there is no trip charge. past that there is, but we also sell service contracts that run $5-20 per month and can run indefinitely. if something dies for any reason other than the customer causing it to fail, and they have a service contract in place, we replace/repair at no charge, or trip charge also. some of our competitors do charge trip charges, for everything ....... some dont....  

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 01:28:28 pm »
Sounds like this guy is wanting to by a new truck fast.

Figure 95 miles round trip at $3.10 gal with 15 miles to gal.
Shouldnt cost more that $36.00
Now time and wear on truck.
Truck is amortized over proberly 5 years.....all expenses are written off.
Lets just sum it up.....All service orientated businesses are way out of line.....I believe making a profit but not on my back.

SemperFi
Dick

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 06:40:20 pm »
There's a hardware store just down the street, go getcha some tools and start fixen stuff your self.

Caveat Emptor
Frank

Lets just sum it up.....All service orientated businesses are way out of line.....I believe making a profit but not on my back.

SemperFi
Dick

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 06:40:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42