What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new gulfcoast vs. used jacuzzi  (Read 3376 times)

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
new gulfcoast vs. used jacuzzi
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:40:27 pm »
well, im kind of undecided on that used jacuzzi 385 that the guy is asking 3900 for. i saw an ad in the local newspaper for new hot tubs by gulcoast spas. one for 3950 dollars is  a cape haze and another called boca grande for 5300. would it make more sense to buy that one new for the same price as the used one?
robert rahn
kalispell, mt

Hot Tub Forum

new gulfcoast vs. used jacuzzi
« on: October 13, 2005, 09:40:27 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: new gulfcoast vs. used jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:00:27 pm »
While you might be getting a good deal on the 385, you are simply paying full price for the what the gulf coast sells for...no matter what discount might be implied that is the real everyday selling price for the gulf coast, which one is better is for you to decide.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 10:28:41 pm »
If yea want CHEAP buy a gulf coast{waste your money}
If you want something the will last many years get the Jacuzzi...Johnnyt

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 10:33:36 pm »
Robert,
Spend a little more time and research. Be careful with those classified ads in the local paper advertising Gulfcoast Spas, normally $7000. now just $3950. still in wrapper. It's the same story all acrossed America, same classified as, same story. They did a special buyout, it's a canceled order, a reposessed spa etc. etc. Truth is $3950.00 is full retail for that spa. Can you wet test? Who will provide the service when it breaks? I just serviced a customer, that purchased one from a Mattress/Furniture Warehouse, in Pennsylvania. His new spa had a bad topside control.They were told the spa was reposessed  from a customer. They were also told not to contact the factory for service or reveal their serial number, due to the repossession. Very fishy. His brother purchased one from the same seller, same story from him. Some people buy into the deal or the fell off the back of the truck sales pitch. They somehow confuse low price with value. You really do get what you pay for. Shop local, meet the legitimate dealers, wet test, get a professional backyard delivery, startup and indoctrination, ongoing support and backyard service and repairs from a real person. Most quality manufacturers offer introductory spa lines in the $3500-5000 price range. Enjoy.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 11:46:57 pm »
I was in the store last night and they had cases of water "on sale" and I thought well maybe but then I looked at the on sale tag on the shelf and it states at the bottom "until Jan 31, 06". What that says to me is it is NOT on sale, that is the regular price that they are trying to trick me into thinking is a sale price. Same thing with Gulf Coast's marketing. Ignore those supposed "regular" higher price, that "sale" price is their regular price.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 11:49:28 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 08:05:05 am »
Fake sales are annoying.  Wilson's Leather Experts (Formerly Berman Buckskin), a leather coat chain, got fined some time ago for pulling the fake retail price bit.  
Some of the stores around here seem to be walking that fine line.
 Kohl's ALWAYS seems to have whatever I'm shopping for on sale, and I don't go looking for sales.
But lots of people fall for it.
We have lots of these so called outlet malls skirting the MPLS/ST.Paul metro, and every so often they send in TV reporters and other media, and they find out that these malls are not often the bargain they are implying.
So buyer beware on any claimed savings.  
I'd ask to see proof that any "On Sale" spa selling for $5,000 ever sold for the claimed suggested retail of $10K, or whatever the claim is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 08:09:51 am by Brewman »
Brewman

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 02:16:54 pm »
I would take a good used quality tub over a "no name" tub anyday.  Take a 4-5 year old Hot Springs, Sundance, or a new Jacuzzi Premium and you're laughing.  Hot Tub techs can correct me if I'm wrong, but the worst that would typically happen to these tubs is a blown pump and possible leakage.

Again, take a good used name brand over a no-name.

IMHO,

Mark

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 02:16:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42