What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clearance around a hot tub and cover question  (Read 5024 times)

richny

Clearance around a hot tub and cover question
« on: October 13, 2005, 10:10:42 pm »
I am still debating on the place for my hot tub. One of the factors that will assist in this decision is...do I need to have the tub accessible from all sides in case of service?....or does only the front panel need complete access? Or is this something unique to each tub design?
The reason is that I want to place the concrete pad right next to my deck which means that at least one side of the tub will be very close (unaccessible) unless you move the whole tub. Any suggestions?

Also...we are considering a cover assist. I see two basic designs...the ones that are attached to the tub...and the ones that stand behind the tub as their own unit. Any recommendations on either type?
Thanks all.

Hot Tub Forum

Clearance around a hot tub and cover question
« on: October 13, 2005, 10:10:42 pm »

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
Re: Clearance around a hot tub and cover question
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 11:12:36 pm »
Hi,
Whether you need accesibility on 1,2,3 or 4 sides is based on the tub you choose to purchase. With some manufacturers, all mechanical equipment is on the front side. While others may have pumps on one or two sides, other than the front. Master Spas has models with pumps on the sides. I sell Artesian, which does have models with equipment only on the front side, while more elaborate models, with 3-5 pumps have pumps on three sides. We are only speaking about access to equipment, you may still need access to other sides, to reach a leak. Try to leave space, so the spa can be pulled away 2 feet, for access. Also, have your electrician loop 2-3 extra feet of wire in flexible conduit, inside your cabinet, so the spa can be pulled away without disconnecting the wire. As for the cover lifter, most lifters have brackets that need to be installed on side panels, which means the lifter will lift the cover away from the topside control or front access panel. Leisure Concepts makes a lifter that does not need to be attached to the spa. The model is the Covermate III, but you must request the understyle bracket. The hot tub sits on the plate or understyle bracket. The weight of the tub gives the lifter support. This lifter can be installed on any side of the spa. It does require about 16-20" clearance, more than typical lifters. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Clearance around a hot tub and cover question
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 11:12:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42