What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Great Debate:  Master v. Sundance  (Read 10049 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: The Great Debate:  Master v. Sundance
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 04:38:40 pm »
Two things that I did not want when I was looking to purchase...jets above the water line and pillows/headrests that wrap around your neck.  Just my personal preference.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 04:38:40 pm »

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 12:50:56 am »
All very helpful comments - thanks.  you guys rule

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 09:01:50 am »
By the way, I said that the Sundance was far and away quieter than the Master mainly because of the seats with jets out of the water.  

The jets out of the water are not always fully out of the water.....when the water level is correct and 2-3 people are in the tub, those jets are underwater.  And the jets are fully adjustable......they make no noise if they are individually turned off.....which is what I do when they are not being used.

Chris, you might not elicit comments like my "forgot" comment if you didn't post with such superlatives as "The Sundance is far and away quieter than the Master mainly because of the seats with jets out of the water.  This past weekend I saw the LSX1050 with water in it and I can promise you I could not hear the salesperson speak and I was less than 5 feet away from the guy."  Understanding the fullly adjustable features of the tub might mellow your exuberance.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

salesdvl

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 09:31:26 am »
There's nothing like a dog with his feathers ruffled. lol
;D ;D ;D  
;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Chris_H

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 10:01:28 am »
“Understanding the fully adjustable features of the tub might mellow your exuberance.”

Now you imply I don’t know how to use this spa, and again you are wrong.  I didn’t specifically state I adjusted the jets and you assume that I did not try?

I individually adjusted the jets.  It is still louder because of the jets being out of the water.  One would have to turn the individual jets off to be anywhere near the level of noise of the Sundance.  

I understand your point that the sound goes down when there are additional bodies in the spa.  However, the jets would have to be completely submersed at all times, but with so many bodies in the water, the water splashes from body and jet movement and would generally still make the splashing noise.  

windsurfdog

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 12:59:18 pm »
Much ado about nothing......

--dogfeathers
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2005, 10:28:56 pm »
Well I took the plunge - I bought the SD Optima today.   ($9300 incl. cover, lifter, ozonator, start-up kit, wood steps, delivery, and full orientation) The accusage seat jets are powerful enough, and I just felt so much more confident in the SD's professional dealer and the spa quality.  The salesperson was thorough and one of the few that didn't insult my intelligence - she was confident enough to let the quality of the tub speak for itself, and did not feel the need to BS me.  

One other factor that ended up being important is that the raised circular foot well actually operates as a foot rest, and leads to better posture in the seats.  Has anyone else who has tried or bought the Optima considered this factor?

I am very comfortable that I made the right decision to take this over the LSX, even without waiting to wet test the Master LSX's extreme therapy seat.

I couldn't have made this decision with the same confidence without all of you.  Thanks! ;D

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 10:48:53 pm »
Congrats!  The Optima is a fine spa.  Although we did not go with it, it was one of the higher ranking wet tests we did.  The foot dome was really useful.  More for leverage than foot massage.  The negative of course is if you move around, it's a bit in the way.  But what spa doesn't have some trade off?  I think you will be very happy with your decision.

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005, 11:34:55 pm »
The Artic Tundra has gotten great press.  I couldn't wet test it, b/c it's not sold in LV.  

Debra

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 08:09:45 am »
We've had the Optima since Friday and we love it. The foot dome does not get in the way at all.  The kids love the foot massage and helps them not get blown right out of their seats.

windsurfdog

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2005, 08:31:20 am »
Congrats, Paul!  I'm sure you will enjoy the Optima for a very long time....hopefully as long and as much as I enjoy my LSX.

May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.... 8)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2005, 08:38:59 am »

One other factor that ended up being important is that the raised circular foot well actually operates as a foot rest, and leads to better posture in the seats.  Has anyone else who has tried or bought the Optima considered this factor?

You gotta love that foot dome!  It was one of the many selling points that pushed us to the Optima.  It doesn't make moving around the spa difficult- I can see how someone just looking at it might think so, but I have no problems moving around in ours.

Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2005, 07:30:25 pm »
Congrats, Paul!  I'm sure you will enjoy the Optima for a very long time....hopefully as long and as much as I enjoy my LSX.

May the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water.... 8)

There you are! Where the heck have you been lately Windy!?

BTW,
Congrats Paul!!

windsurfdog

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 09:04:34 am »
There you are! Where the heck have you been lately Windy!?

Bubba Stu!
Work, work, work....seems like the heat has been turned up here at work.  But I still sneak a peek once in a while....gotta have my bubba stu fix!  Hope all is well with you and yours.....wsd

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 01:13:20 pm »
Bubba Stu!
Work, work, work....seems like the heat has been turned up here at work.  But I still sneak a peek once in a while....gotta have my bubba stu fix!  Hope all is well with you and yours.....wsd

I was afraid that your spa finally bit the dust and you where to embarrassed to post ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D 8)

Nah...just been so long since I've been able to take a jab at you that I had to take a cheap shot!   ::)

Hope things mellow out soon so your back around again more.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 01:13:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42