What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Catalina hot tubs  (Read 2922 times)

markm

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Catalina hot tubs
« on: October 11, 2005, 04:28:12 pm »
has anyone had any experience with catalina hot tubs
good or bad please let me know. Have a coleman and it has not been reliable.

Hot Tub Forum

Catalina hot tubs
« on: October 11, 2005, 04:28:12 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Catalina hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 04:36:43 pm »
Wisoki, one of the regular members here, use to sell Catalina.  He would probably be the best person to ask as I don't know of anyone on here that actually owns one.  He can give you the straight scoop on them.  Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 04:42:09 pm »
Ask the Catalina dealer if their's is a prorated warranty before you get too far into the search.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

markm

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 04:45:36 pm »
Thanks
I did and they don't .

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 07:26:39 pm »
Ask the Catalina dealer if their's is a prorated warranty before you get too far into the search.

Their warrenty is covered by an outside insurance company and is purchased by the factory like a policy. It is full of loop holes if you get into it and read it.

I sold Catalina for quite a while and had one nightmare after another with both the product quality and the organization. The only one that seems to have a clue of what is going on from day to day is the owner and he is getting up into his 70's.

IMO it would be a fine spa in a $2500 to $4000 price range but loses value after that.

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 05:33:58 pm »
was looking at the 23000, it looks awsome!  i would definitely wet test the model you like.  make sure you get the non pro-rated warranty.  you do have the choice to upgrade to it.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 11:29:53 am »
Sorry about your bad luck with the product there, Stuart. I've got about a hundred or so Cats in the field and I've had a total of 4 service calls on them, pathetic little service calls too, this jets not working, that jet will not stay in, no pump problems no blower problems no elictrical problems, quite frankly I think Catalina makes one hell of a spa with a hell of a lot of eye candy on it. as far as warranties go, this industry is OUT OF CONTROLL. Five years on a hot tub! Be real, spa warranties should be 3 years MAX. The problem is, we have no way to gauge useage, like miles on a vehicle or hours on a boat, so we can't give a 5 year or 5000 hour warranty. But I digress (I do that a lot) MarkM, if you like the Cat, buy it.

Their warrenty is covered by an outside insurance company and is purchased by the factory like a policy. It is full of loop holes if you get into it and read it.

I sold Catalina for quite a while and had one nightmare after another with both the product quality and the organization. The only one that seems to have a clue of what is going on from day to day is the owner and he is getting up into his 70's.

IMO it would be a fine spa in a $2500 to $4000 price range but loses value after that.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 11:29:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42