What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis dealer (??)  (Read 3034 times)

nicksd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Marquis dealer (??)
« on: October 10, 2005, 12:10:59 pm »
Hello all,

I am a first time spa owner, I have just recieved my epic yesterday, not happy with delivery but it is another story.  What I really wonder about was lift installation and user orientation:

- My epic comes with lift but it was not installed, I called the dealer and they said because "customers may have diffrenent preference as where the lift should be installed so they leave it up to the customer".  Is it normal for dealer to write in the contract spa, lift, cover, step... but the lift and cover come uninstalled?

- Will the dealer come to my house to give me to orient me how to operate and maintain water? or I have to come to their store?  (I am waiting for my electrician to hook it up this week)  

Thanks for your help

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis dealer (??)
« on: October 10, 2005, 12:10:59 pm »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Marquis dealer (??)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 12:18:40 pm »
We for the most part install all our cover removal systems, we do charge for this service, but it is built into the price. If you want to install it yourself we would lower the cost. You seem to have some unanswered issues about what is included in the sale, ie:Orientation, set up, water testing ..ect. This should have all been discussed at the signing of contracts.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 12:37:05 pm »
I am a Marquis dealer, and the installation of a cover lifter is (should have been) a part of customer service. I agree with Guzz, chemical/water treatment should have been discussed while signing a contract. If there were any questions when the spa was delivered it should have been gone over again.
Surprisingly, we have run into this situation with other spa owners. We are also certified electricians, so we have "hooked up" many brands.
Marquis dealer

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 01:04:10 pm »
The lift should have been installed with the delivery...At times I'm amazed at the lack of common sense exibited by some dealers....sigh....how hard is it really to do the right thing.

PM me with your dealers name and location and I will do what I can to encourage them to change that policy.

nicksd

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 01:10:25 pm »
Thanks for your help.  We used the electrician the dealer recommended, the line was run and the electrician will come later for hook up.  The spa was delivered by an independent spa mover so I could not ask any question.  I will request dealer to come out after it is hooked up.  This is my first time owning the spa so I have no idea what's the right sequence. Any other suggestions?  Thanks again
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 01:13:22 pm by nicksd »

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 05:26:21 am »
I'm in a similar situation. My tub was delivered before my deck was completed, bad planning on my part. Rather then ask the dealer to make a second trip, I was just planning on going back to the show room for a run down on set up. I need to pick up a few things anyway.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 05:26:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42