What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Captiva  (Read 3189 times)

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Artesian Captiva
« on: October 09, 2005, 11:36:29 am »
This is probably for Artesian dealers. I have wet tested a three pump 46 jet Captiva spa. The seats are run by 2 6bhp (3 continuous I believe) pumps and i really like the power and pressure of the jets. The foot/whirlpool jet is run by a separate 3bhp pump. The 38 jet version has 2 4.8 bhp pumps (2.5 continuous I believe) with no separate pump for the foot/whirlpool jet. How does the power and pressure of the seat jets compare between the two configurations? Do you get the same feel? Or does the 46 jet version out perform the 38 jet version in this regard? Also, from what I have been able to tell, one of the 4.8 pumps runs two of the cornor seats or the foot/whirlpool jet.  Is this correct?  If one of the 4.8 pumps can be diverted solely to the foot/whirlpool jet, that would be one powerful jet, as that jet is quite powerful in the 3 pump version. Thanks in advance for comments.

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Captiva
« on: October 09, 2005, 11:36:29 am »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Artesian Captiva
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:21:18 pm »
Wet test, wet test, wet test!!

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 01:31:38 pm »
Guzz, not real helpful. If the dealer had a 38 jet model to wet test, I would. I was asking if anyone had experience with both.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 01:44:59 pm »
I have it's big brother, the Cayman. With the 2 pump versions there are too many jets for that one pump to power and IMO it's underpowered in that configuration.

I don't beliieve the diverter controls the power to foot jets exclusively, at least it doesn't in the Cayman, 2 pump version. The dealer should have a plumbing configuration for you to compare.

I would say that there's a reason Artesian offers the 3 pump system and I think it's worth the extra money (of course I would, I bought it ;D ). At this point IF you like the Captiva enough and the dealer, the extra money ($300) is WELL spent.

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 05:36:50 pm »
Jeff, I used to sell Artesian ( until spring of '05).  The feel and pressure remains pretty much the same from the jets.  The design that most spa companys use is to take the flow rates of the pumps at the beginning and divide that into the flow rates the jets can handle at the end of the line.  So, theoretically, if you have a pump pushing 10 gal/ minute, you could put 10 jets that could handle 1 gal/min. etc...    

So....whether its 38 or 46 ( or 200 ), the pumps change to keep the feel the same.

The point I would say to look at is to see which jets are in the seats in each configuration.  You may like jet "A" but in the 46 version they may switch to diif jets because of the flow balance.  Thus, I would say to look at the Gold series.  I found the control and feel much more desirable for me in that series.

Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 05:36:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42