What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cloudy water  (Read 6252 times)

hymbaw

Re: cloudy water
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2005, 10:33:20 am »
The last 2 post are dead on, Nature2 is not a strong enough sanitizer to stand alone. Just use a chlorine based shock to oxydize and you'll see much better results.

As far as clarifier........Not a big fan, It treats symptoms not causes. If your water is cloudy you should 1.) make sure water is balanced(ph, total alk.,etc.) 2.)shock (COVER OFF!)  90% of the time shocking will fix your ills

good luck
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2005, 10:33:20 am »

goingwarp

• nothin like tubbin after a long day
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 02:10:50 pm »
Now I am a little confused, I do use the n2 and I use a shock with it, now I do not know what is in the shock I think it is either mps or dichlor nun the less I am sure it must have something in it. in terms of the balance I did check this and all chems were in proper order so I am still leaning toward the Clarifier.  If this doesn't work then I guess I will just drain and refill.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 05:19:32 pm »
A lot of people have success with N2, I didn't.  N2 does say that IF your water gets cloudy, use dichlor instead of MPS.

I used the N2 the first time on this water change and didn't have any luck with a lowered chlorine level.  I was running at 3 PPM for 3 weeks without any problems and then decided to lower it to 1.5 PPM. 2 days later without use, I opened up the cover to find cloudy water.

As other's have said, clarifier treats the symptoms and it's not a cure. As they said, shock with chlorine or chlorine/MPS product and see if it clears up; I personally used clarifier just to speed up the process clearing the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 05:19:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42