What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Grandee  (Read 2841 times)

Crash

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
New Grandee
« on: October 05, 2005, 09:37:44 am »
Last night was our first night in the new tub.  Took me 6 years of wishing and waiting but we finally did it.  The big reason we waited was I was in the military and didn't want to move one.  The wait was worth it, closest thing to heaven that I can imagine.

I hope someone can help with this question.  It’s about audio systems.  Is there a 12-volt connection on the main board somewhere or do they install a rectifier off the main input to provide the 12 volts for a stereo.

Is anyone familiar with the Hot Springs Spa Audio system?  What size amp and speakers do they use?  Can’t you just install some speakers an amp and stereo from the local store?  Not trying to be cheap but $2000.00 seems a bit steep for music and will but a heck of a system at the local electronic store.  

Hot Tub Forum

New Grandee
« on: October 05, 2005, 09:37:44 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: New Grandee
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 10:15:50 am »
Congratulations on your new spa!  What an excellent choice that you'll be able to enjoy for the next 20+ years.  The biggest complaint I hear from customers when they buy a new spa is "Why did I wait so long?"

My suggestion to you is this:  Do not attempt to place any kind of sound system on or in the spa.  Be prudent and design an exterior sound system with strategically placed speakers around the spa.  You will be much happier with the result and there will be no risk in creating a situation which might void your warranty.

Again, congratulations and thank you for your service to our country.  God Bless. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 10:52:22 am »
Crash, congratulations on your spa purchase.  I want to also thank you for your service to our country.

God Bless and Best Wishes!
2005 Marquis Epic

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:11:36 pm »
Agree with east tx.

I've personally installed many spaudio systems. I wouldn't know where to begin to duplicate it.

Thanks as well for your service.

Enjoy your tub.

OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Crash

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 08:54:37 am »
Thanks to all!

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 10:29:47 pm »
Crash,

Congrats...I am jealous.  I am currently shopping for a hot tub and following posts here.  I would like a Grandee (dream tub) but have a cheaper tub as a No. 2 (Sundance bahia).  I wonder if you could list your five favorite features of the tub which I could show to my wife as proof that this is the direction we need to take.  Thanks.

Pruned Hands

Crash

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 09:01:37 am »
Pruned Hands,

We bought this one for a couple of reasons.  The “moto- massage DX” jets are really nice.  I’ve had back surgery and they seem to “hit the right spot” for me.  We liked the depth of the Grandee also, 1 to 2 inches doesn’t seem like a lot but it does make a difference.  I guess the real thing is that this is like any other major appliance, your going to have it for a very long time so we spent the extra money and got what we really wanted. The cycle between the 6 LED lights are cool at night too.

I was considering a Sundance also but I would have had to buy from out of town.  So the deciding factor between the two brands was having a service department in town if needed.

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 02:48:48 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I like the added depth as well and it is such a nice big tub!  Enjoy yourself and congrats on the purchase!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 09:47:10 am »
May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water in your Grandee!!  

Enjoy Spatopia!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 12:00:22 pm »
Congrats.  What color combination did you go with?  Can I ask how much you paid?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 12:20:13 pm »
Congratulations...Listen to the terminator!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 12:20:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42