What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which cover to buy and where to buy it?  (Read 3526 times)

Hubjeep

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Which cover to buy and where to buy it?
« on: October 08, 2005, 11:52:53 am »
The 8'X8' cover needs replacing before winter; it weighs about 4X what it used to weigh and is caving in the center.  My local pool chain sells two thickness covers, I suppose the thicker would be the most energy efficient and the way to go.  What about cover lifters?  Are aftermarket ones made?

Even my local chain charged something like $62 to ship the thing, so if they can be found cheaper online that would prob be the way to go.

Thanks,
John  8)

Hot Tub Forum

Which cover to buy and where to buy it?
« on: October 08, 2005, 11:52:53 am »

SpaMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Which cover to buy and where to buy it?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 12:00:29 pm »
I have found rhtubs.com a good place to buy them on line!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 12:16:57 pm »

I agree! Doc is great to deal with!

He has 2 levels of insulating covers. Both seem to be a bargin.

Although my tub and cover are new, I started researching to find out how much it was to replace it when the time came (I originally didn't know a time would come). As of now, Doc wins hands down!

As far as cover lifters, I have the Covermate 3 lifter and it works great on my 8x8 cover ... Doc sells lifters too and I think he has a combined deal offer for buying both cover and lifter.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 12:23:03 pm by Vinny »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 01:39:34 pm »

I recommended this site to some friends about 6 months ago and they love their new cover.  They've got a Master Spa and said that their replacement cover is nicer than what the got with the spa.  I'd say you wouldn't go wrong ordering online from Doc.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

ArcherC

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 01:50:22 pm »
The cover thickness can be important, but so can the foam core inside, make sure to get a cover with 2lb density foam for maximum heat retension. One issue with the thicker covers is that they are a little harder to move, but if you live in a cold climate, it is probably worth it. For lifters, I like the Leisure Concepts Cover Mate 1 Or Cover Mate 3. There will be about a $100 difference between them. If you do get the thicker cover, the CM3 would most likely be the way to go since it has shocks that help with lifting the cover on and off.
One thing you can do to keep your cover from getting heavy as quickly is to buy a solar cover or thermal blanket for the top of the water, this will keep evaporation to a minimum and the cover should not water log as quickly.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 06:18:07 pm »
The cover thickness can be important, but so can the foam core inside, make sure to get a cover with 2lb density foam for maximum heat retension.

I'm curious as to why you think this? In actuality, with a 4" to 2" tapered cover, the difference in insulating ability is R-14 vrs. R-15......... not much difference in my book. The 2# foam is though about 30% stronger..... and weighs about 5 pounds more.

Since I seem to be getting all he plugs here  ;D

Well, feel free to delete this if inappropriate bill;

something new in the works;

http://www.extremespacovers.com/index-new.html
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 06:18:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42