What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Wet Tests Are Done.....  (Read 4922 times)

NewSPAGuy

• Seems I'm always in hot water!
The Wet Tests Are Done.....
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:37:31 pm »
Hello all from the new guy in Ontario, Canada.

I have read and followed a bunch of your SPA lives from a distance and want to thank all of you for helping this neophyte find his way in the world of Hot Tub shopping and Hot Tub humour.

As the days to signing on the dotted line get closer I thought I would jump in with my first post.  As with most new folks its a question of price.  I look forward to asking all of the dumb questions associated with care and maintenence in the comming months.    

We have decided on the Sundance Optima.  The quote I have been given includes an Ozonator, Start Up Chemical Kit, Standard cover with cover caddy and delivery.  In Canadian dollars the price before tax is $11,202.  At the current exchange rate of 1.18 that equals $9,493 U.S..  

I will tell you right up front it seems fair (all I can ask for), the dealer seems great and once I check his references I will know how his existing customers feel.

All that said, the industry offers so many pricing options and I haven't as yet checked other Sundance dealers to see if a more or less hungry dealer can save me a few hundred dollars.  So here I am.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Greg
Sundance Optima Owner

Hot Tub Forum

The Wet Tests Are Done.....
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:37:31 pm »

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
Re: The Wet Tests Are Done.....
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 05:16:07 pm »
I am from Brampton Ontario.  What other tubs have you looked and/or tested?  

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 05:46:55 pm »

All that said, the industry offers so many pricing options and I haven't as yet checked other Sundance dealers to see if a more or less hungry dealer can save me a few hundred dollars.  So here I am.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

Greg

Hello and welcome,

I just wanted to comment on something, I am all for saving money and getting the "Best Price" but and you and everyone knew a but was coming, At what point is someone saving you money and at what point is the other dealer simply buying the deal for a few hundred dollars, you wet tested and were educated as to the features of a the spa and now when shopping it is just a hunt for best bottom line dollar and when someone comes to me as saying all I want to know is the bottom line for this spa in this color etc and or here is my deal what can you do, while there is so little effort to what amounts to buying the deal its really not a apples for apples comparison and this applys to most large ticket items. If you ask most salesman in any field would rather be at the middle to end of your looking than the beginning. I think if you feel good about the dealer and the price is fair than that dealer has earned the right to earn your business.

NewSPAGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 06:26:34 pm »

Hi Rayman.

We narrowed the wet tests down to Arctic Spas, Beachcomber and Caldera.  Having soaked in a number of friends tubs that included Saratoga and Hotsprings.
I agree, go Leafs!

Hi Mendocino101.

Thanks for your but.  I am not going to start pricing one against the other,  that wasn't my motive in asking the question.  What I am looking for is the range.  I will be dealing with this dealer regardless.  What I do want  is to get a fair as evaluated by other buyers price for a like model with like features.

You have raised a very interesting point however and one I believe a number of consumers shopping for a spa have struggled with.  The industry has chosen to have floating prices.  I would much rather not have to negotiate.  It makes me feel cheap.  It makes me leave wondering if i could have done better.

Lets be honest here.  NO dealer will sell a unit to me for a price he isn't willing to let it go for to the next guy.  I'm simply trying to ensure when I walk out of the door the dealer isn't saying, "look at the fish I caught"!  I didn't choose this, the industry did.  I simply need to negotiate within the parameters I can live with while being repectful of the dealer.  I would prefer quite frankly not to have to do this.

I also believe I misrepresented myself by saying a few hundred dollars.  Is my quote way off the mark?

Cheers.

Greg
Sundance Optima Owner

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:51:12 pm »
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your honesty....It is interesting about the pricing in spas ....Yes they vary and it seems market driven but I think there are many factors that contribute to this, one thing is that the spa market is very small in the big picture of things, I think dealers who perhaps are trying to take advantage of someone is first simply wrong but also I can not see them making it for very long. I have to believe that a dealer who is looking at that big picture will want to be fair and honorable with their customers, at least I hope so.

Debra

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 10:01:55 am »
We are waiting for our Sundance Optima to arrive any minute now.  We are also in Brampton Ontario.  We got a deal that was offered in the summer which included no tax.  We paid 12G with the same options as you, Greg.  So if you take that backwards it would come to $10434.78 Canadian.  Hope that helps you.  I'll let you know how our install goes today.

rfraboni

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 10:09:02 am »
Hi Greg,

...I think dealers who perhaps are trying to take advantage of someone is first simply wrong but also I can not see them making it for very long.

I would like to agree but I know in my own search and as I have stated in a previous post my local dealer just out right told me that they were charging the comparably higher price because they could, since there was no real local competition.  The company is well established and has a great reputation in the custom pool market.

Just sharing.

hymbaw

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 11:30:36 am »
Greg,
I'm a Sundance dealer in Michigan and the price you were quoted is very fair. You'll love the Optima, Enjoy!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 11:34:30 am »
Welcome, a popular choice. If I was buying again, I might go the same route.  We look forward to your further posts.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 11:45:06 am »
We are waiting for our Sundance Optima to arrive any minute now.  We are also in Brampton Ontario.  We got a deal that was offered in the summer which included no tax.  We paid 12G with the same options as you, Greg.  So if you take that backwards it would come to $10434.78 Canadian.  Hope that helps you.  I'll let you know how our install goes today.

What dealer Debra, when we were looking I don't remember seeing a Sundance dealer?

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Debra

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 11:50:05 am »
There are no Sundance dealers in Brampton.  We went to Burlington.  It's less than 1/2 hour drive.  We are in that area frequently so we figured it's not a big deal.

AmICrazy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 03:09:12 pm »
Not sure where you live but if Orillia is closer to you... I am opening a new Sundance store there....hopefully by the end of the month. Our new location is taking forever!!! We were planning on being open by now but we have no control over the building.
I would highly recommend purchasing your tub from your closest dealer as they are the ones who you need to develop the relationship with.
The price you were quoted is very fair. I will offer better for my opening but that is only because I am opening so late in the season. Up north snow can come very early and if you don't have your base prepared.... well no hot tub for you!
If you are buying in Burlington those guys are great and you will get treated well!

NewSPAGuy

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 11:03:01 am »

Thank you all for your input, it is very much apreciated.
Pictures and the waiting period updates will follow.

Great to see so many Canadians on the board.

Cheers,

Greg
Sundance Optima Owner

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 11:03:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42