What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help this is driving me nuts!  (Read 2638 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Help this is driving me nuts!
« on: October 05, 2005, 10:24:49 pm »
IÕve been using my HS Jetsetter for almost a year now. My routine includes two tablespoons of enhanced shock mid week and two teaspoons of concentrated chlorine at the end of the week. The bathing load is usually just me and occasionally my wife. The water ŌlooksĶ great--blue and clear and basically this regiment has worked for months now.  Often before I get out of the tub I spend a few minutes just sitting in it sideways with the jets turned off. Recently I developed an itchy rash thatÕs just under my arms and the underside of my calves.  My suspicion is that itÕs from some sort of surface something thatÕs causing it. What do you folks think and what do you suggest I do? I anxiously await your response!

Hot Tub Forum

Help this is driving me nuts!
« on: October 05, 2005, 10:24:49 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help this is driving me nuts!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 10:44:40 pm »
If it's not a heat sensitive or chemical sensitive rash - have you ever sanitized the above the water surface of the tub? If not, do a shock to about 10 ppm and  "wash" down the entire surface. The elevated chlorine should take care of anything that might be lurking.

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:46:36 am »
When you say "enhanced shock"  and "concentrated chlorine" what are the active ingredients?
Measure once, cut twice.

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 08:52:09 am »
I agree with the last post; also clean the underside of the cover thoroughly with a cleaner safe for vinyl...look around for one that says it will kill pseudomonas, since it sounds like you may have pseudomonas aruginosa in your tub.  If it has advanced far enough, you'll actually need 100 ppm chlorine to kill it, along with a good scrub of tub surfaces, water change, and a filter soak for several hours in an even stronger solution (or replacement of filter).  This is because it coats itself with a slime layer.  Good luck!

Steve

P.S. I've been dealing with this just this week...perform a search of recent post on pseudomonas

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 07:27:12 pm »
i agree with these guys. sound like your regiment for the water is working great. just treat the other surfaces as well.

Once a month, upon super-chlorinating, wipe the topsides of the spa/ waterline and underside of cover with water from spa.

or add some chlorine to a gallon of water in a bucket and use that to wipe those surfaces.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 07:27:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42