What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone own the Sundance Maxuus  (Read 4914 times)

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Anyone own the Sundance Maxuus
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:00:35 am »
So Far Any Pros or Cons

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Anyone own the Sundance Maxuus
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:00:35 am »

Orthofunk

Re: Anyone own the Sundance Maxuus
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 01:30:52 pm »
Had it for 2 months now... and love it.

Pros:
- the four corner seats are all awesome... and all different
- footwell is great... easy access from all seats, with no unintentional "footsie play"
- aromatherapy works well... always a pleasant smell
- percolation is nice by itself for a break from the jets
- big!... comfortable with 6 bathers
- jets are very simple to adjust... easy to turn the off, or change them from rotating to pulsing, etc.
- wide range of desired jet action in all seats... from very gentle, to pounding

Only cons:
- lights went out once... fixed
- lifter that the dealer provided was too lightweight for the cover.... and bent.  dealer replaced it with a better one.

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:56:04 pm »
Purchased ours last night, Glad to hear that after 2 months your happy.

They are going to deliver Friday, man are we excited, I think we got a great deal at $9000 out the door. ;D ;D ;D

Joma

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 02:09:23 pm »
Just got ours lat week and we've been loving it.  The key for us was the ability to adjust it for a strong massage for me and a light one for my wife at the same time.  The smaller tubs just couldn't accomplish that task.  Perhaps it's the 3  separate pumps.  I was also very pleased with the color.  Coastal cabinet with platinum tub.

So far the no problems and the only con is cost.  we paid $12.5k without stereo but this included evertything, delivery and setup, cover lifter, ozonator.  I tried several other dealers but one dealer has a lock on this market and no one else would ship into his terrritory.  It sounds to me like $9k is a steal or I got ripped off. ??? ??? :-/

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 02:28:14 pm »
We got everything with our excluding Stereo also, delivery, cover with lifting arm setup etc.

Now all we have to get it in and stup the 220 60 amp GFCI Cicuit and we are set, can't wait.

My young beautiful wife was rear ended by a LA County transit bus, her back is a mess, hopefuly this will help relieve some her stress.

Thanks for the replies, we are excited, I'm mostly excited for her, relief is on the way.

Steve

c00ter

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 02:53:22 pm »
I purchased mine back in August and should have it this Thurday....   Not the dealers fault, they just had to wait till I was done with the backyard....  I sure could have used it during all the landscape work.   :(  This now is becoming the slowest 3 days ever. hehehe  
We paid $9800 for everthing (except stereo) and we feel we got a great deal...  

Keep watching the forum cause I will be posting pics when our new "baby" arrives..  ;D  

Karl

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
I've had mine about a month; had a warranty issue that has been resolved to my satisfaction; love the tub: the space, the stereo, the remote, the lights, jet adjustability.  I have found the aromatherapy to be of little use...maybe the scent my wife chose is a weaker one.  I'm one of those brave (some would say foolish!) souls who bought without a wet test.  I knew the features I wanted, knew I wanted a large tub, and found all of the evidence I needed regarding quality of the product on this great forum!  I simply felt that I've never actually been in a tub I disliked!  In a nutshell, I'm thrilled with my purchase.  (Cost $13700 Cdn or about $11k US with stereo / ozone / crane install / setup)

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 03:53:01 pm »
congrats froggy, as well as everybody else.

I'm especially glad to see everybody seems to be very happy with their SD Maxxus...happy tubbin 8)

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:17:40 pm »
I will also post pictures of my install, found out five minutes ago that This Friday at 1p.m. the big stork will dropping our new baby into the back yard, can't wait.

My wife is unaware that they are delivering Friday, I'm taking a vacation day that has been planned for awhile, so big fun when she gets home.

How long does it take before you can use it ??

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 05:04:29 pm »
Mine was filled and heating by 3:30 P.M. and was not quite ready at midnight (was about 56 deg. F at fill and 96 deg. at midnight)...ended up waiting until next morning.  It's still awesome to bring a go-mug of coffee in and relax early in the morning!  Enjoy!!

Steve

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 08:19:26 pm »
Froggy,

I'm mighty impressed by you!

1)  You called your wife beautiful
2)  You are surprising her

Good for you!  Every wife should be treated like this.   :)  Hope she is feeling better soon.

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 08:45:40 am »
Froggy,

I'm mighty impressed by you!

1)  You called your wife beautiful
2)  You are surprising her

Good for you!  Every wife should be treated like this.   :)  Hope she is feeling better soon.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm so in love with my wife, she is my soul mate and my dream girl and she treats me like a King, we are indeed truely blessed, thanks again

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 08:57:20 am »
Froggy...ditto Brookenstein!  Also, you got a GREAT deal on your Maxxus...good for you!  

Hope everything goes well on the delivery and your wife gets some relief.  Nice to hear comments from husbands who love and appreciate their wives.

I've got a pretty great husband myself!  ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 10:29:31 am »
The only thing that I don't like about the listing in specifications is 6-7 person.  There looks to be on 4 adult size seats in this huge spa.  You have two child sized seats opposite each other between the corner seats.  I think this could be a great four person spa, but obviously your 5th or 6th guest is not very comfy.  

Orthofunk

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 02:40:32 pm »
The only thing that I don't like about the listing in specifications is 6-7 person.  There looks to be on 4 adult size seats in this huge spa.  You have two child sized seats opposite each other between the corner seats.  I think this could be a great four person spa, but obviously your 5th or 6th guest is not very comfy.  

The two "child-sized" seats are cool down seats.  They are very popular spots after someone has been soaking for a little while and just wants a break from the heat and jets.  Seven bathers would definately be a stretch, but I have had 6 people in several times, and the only complaint is that the water level raises too high and splashes out/causes the waterfall ramps to lift out of their trays.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 02:40:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42