What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance owners, questions about top lift  (Read 2864 times)

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sundance owners, questions about top lift
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:18:52 pm »
Which top lift did you choose,I think the brand is Cover Caddy, are you happy with it.

I understand there are three to choose from, I'm a little confused on which one to go with.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance owners, questions about top lift
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:18:52 pm »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Sundance owners, questions about top lift
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 04:46:00 pm »
I have ordered the Covermate III.  It is supposed to have some extended brackets specifically for use with the Maxxus...I read here somewhere that it worked well, and ordered it based on that.  My dealer hadn't heard about this and is now planning to stock them for future Maxxus owners, so his research must have verified what I found.

Steve

Orthofunk

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 05:03:19 pm »
The first lifter that the dealer provided for my Maxxus was a Covermate II.  It requires more clearance because it stores the entire cover down to the side of the tub.  It doesn't have a shock to assist the lifting, and the heavy Maxxus cover was too much for it.  It was very difficult to maneuver and ended up bending.

It was replaced with a Covermate III, which has a gas shock, and requires less clearance.  But the cover remains above tub level.  This lifter is MUCH better for the Maxxus.

Here is a good link to compare available cover lifters:

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/cover.htm

c00ter

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 05:11:22 pm »
Mine is coming with the CM III.  I tried the one they had in the showroom and I thought it worked just fine...   I will soon know as mine arrives tomorrow....   YIPPEEEE

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:44:43 pm »
I've got a Sundance Cameo with a lift similar to the Covermate III but mine is the Superlift 2 by Ideal Spa Covers, Inc. as shown here  It takes up very little room and is easy to operate.  

I tried 3 different ones in the showroom and this one was the easiest for me to use.  It has built-in shocks so the cover doesn't feel heavy at all.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 06:55:48 pm by jnolan »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:44:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42