What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spas?  (Read 11643 times)

huh?

• "42"
Re: Master Spas?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 01:23:26 am »
Frankie25,
Sundance as 4 pumps too.  It has two therapy pumps, an air blower, and a circulation pump.  That is the same 4 types of pumps the Master spa uses.  Jets mean absolutely nothing in the spa purchase.  It is the massage you are getting from the Jets.  

I don’t think any professional on this board is going to say the Master is better than the Sundance.  Every professional knows the quality and reputation of the Sundance, and it is leaps and bounds ahead of Master.

I find it quite amazing that the Sundance is less expensive.  

I assume your are a customer and not in the business.  One of the pinacles of sales is knowing the competition.  Something I believe you are lacking.  The LSX has Three massage pumps and a seperate filtration pump.  No air pumps.   As far as jets meaning nothing in the spa purchase (did this make any shoppers cringe) See "I have to ask my Manager".    I love when some one posts on this site, the question "which tub is best"  Because anyone with out a hidden agenda (or just willing to help) will understand that there is not one hot tub that is perfect for every one.  If you say that one particular brand is "leaps and bounds" ahead of another.  You have shown your true colors.  If all hot tubs only had one feature, this would be a respectable judgment.  However, what makes it leaps and bounds better than the other spa in aspects that suit everyone.  Surely even you could see that there are features in Master that would make someperson buy one over a Master.  Just as there are reasons why someone would buy a home depot spa over any of the other top 10.  Please keep this sight a non-biased place where consumers can go to get accurate and helpful information.
¿

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 01:23:26 am »

Dr_Eclat

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2004, 10:34:12 am »
Other than home depot, what spas are in the top ten and why?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2004, 01:17:22 pm »
Other than home depot, what spas are in the top ten and why?

Wait....hear that? Listen very closely and you will hear it.......

Yep, a can of worms is being opened! ;) ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 07:12:06 pm by stuart »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 01:24:17 pm »
Who makes the Depot tubs in the U.S.? In the great white north its MAAX that is behind the Depot brand which is Nahani or something like that.

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

Chris_H

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2004, 02:15:56 pm »

Ok, I will give you that they offer 3 therapy pumps and 1 circulation pump.  So Sundance uses 4 pumps too.  2 therapy pumps, one air blower, and a circulation pump.  My apologies for getting the air blower thing wrong.  Read all of the posts on this thread.  Is there more than two people saying the Master Spa is better?  

To answer your question, no there is no feature on the Master that would make me want to purchase that brand.  Go knock on the cabinet.  Did it fall off?  

Based on reputation alone, the Sundance is better.  Based on the amount of satisfied customers Sundance is better.  It is also better because in general they have better dealers than Master at least here in the Northeast.  Do I need to go on?

This isn’t a non-biased place, just look at the people that post on here.  Hotspring, D1, Marquis dealers, Hotspring, Sundance, Marquis owners.  We tout what we believe is better.  Unfortunately, Master isn’t better.  

zzaphod42

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2004, 04:46:34 pm »
Ok, I will give you that they offer 3 therapy pumps and 1 circulation pump.  So Sundance uses 4 pumps too.  2 therapy pumps, one air blower, and a circulation pump.  My apologies for getting the air blower thing wrong.  Read all of the posts on this thread.  Is there more than two people saying the Master Spa is better?  

To answer your question, no there is no feature on the Master that would make me want to purchase that brand.  Go knock on the cabinet.  Did it fall off?  

Based on reputation alone, the Sundance is better.  Based on the amount of satisfied customers Sundance is better.  It is also better because in general they have better dealers than Master at least here in the Northeast.  Do I need to go on?

This isn’t a non-biased place, just look at the people that post on here.  Hotspring, D1, Marquis dealers, Hotspring, Sundance, Marquis owners.  We tout what we believe is better.  Unfortunately, Master isn’t better.  
Playing devil's advocate here: does it matter that the customer likes the Master spa more?

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 07:33:46 pm »
You would think.  Unfortunately Chris is going to tell them what is best for them.  Everybody on this site is caught up with lists.  They all talk about the "top ten", "top three", whatever, assuming that any of the tubs represented by those manufacturers would be perfect for any person no matter the circumstances.  The reason I brought up Home Depot (Image Spas by the way) is that there are in fact reasons why I would purchase one over a Master.  There are reasons why I would purchase a Hot Springs, Sundance or Jacuzzi over a Master.  But there are also several reasons why I would purchase a Master over any of the other brands.  These "reasons" are called features.  These features are what sepperate the different brands.  Untill they make a hot tub with EVERY feature in it, there is not one tub that will be perfect for every one.  If you can decide what the features are that are important to you and find the tub that best meets your needs, then you have found the perfect hot tub...FOR YOU!  However, this industry gets a bad rap, and can be very confusing to work with because you have people like Chris who will tell you that certain features aren't important (ie JETS).  I have no problem walking a prospect if I don't feel that I can meet his/her needs completely.  Do you have a problem with that Chris?   I have been scarce around this forum for the past month.  Fortunatly, I have been busy.  Selling.  Chris, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands, so I expect a lengthy reply.

Cheers to all.

¿

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 08:06:56 pm »
Good posts, huh and zaphod!  

When I was looking, I began to wish that I could "build my own" with the features that I liked from ALL of the tubs I looked at.  I really loved the waterfall in the Jacuzzi.  Too bad I floated really badly, and, oh yeah, the dealer went out of business the week after the wet test!  I learned it from the LA Spa dealer who admitted to me that I had dodged a serious bullet, she had known the Jacuzzi dealer!  I loved my LA dealer, she grew up in a small town close to where I grew up!  Anyway, we could talk for hours!  The Sundance Altamar lounge fit the best, which I thought I just had to have.  The HotSpring, well...I liked the therapy the best.  It was the least "gadgety" tub I looked at.

I, as an informed buyer, thanks to this board (and a couple of others) I chose the tub best for me!  I didn't look at Master or Marquis.  The Jacuzzi guy sold Master (I didn't know that until I wet tested at his store across town from me.  I guess I should have realized something was wrong when there were never any employees at the store closest to me.)  The Sundance dealer had just picked up the Marquis line and would really only talk to me about Sundance.

If the Master is the best, go for it!  Windsurfdog loves his!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2004, 09:20:30 pm »
I have to get in on this. My own experience consisted of my favourite tub AND the dealer I felt good dealing. It eventually came down to two tubs, Hydropool or Beachcomber. Both were affordable but my confidence in my dealer tipped the scale bigtime. I amthe proud owner ( 1 month) of a Hydropool Serenity 6000 Elite Plus .THE BEST TUB FOR ME!!! Review to follow shortly. bobhol  

salesdvl

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2004, 09:54:44 pm »
Ok, I will give you that they offer 3 therapy pumps and 1 circulation pump.  So Sundance uses 4 pumps too.  2 therapy pumps, one air blower, and a circulation pump.    

As a dealer, I have always had issue with salespeople that count the air blower as a "pump" to make themselves sound like they have more.  Maybe it's because I'm also in the swimming pool business but to me they are different.  Even when I carried spas that had blowers we NEVER tried to jack up the pump count by blurring the two.

I prefer to call a spade a spade.  Sundance does not have 4 pumps.  They have 2 jet pumps and 1 air blower, and 1 circulation pump.  Which shouldn't even be in the count to begin with because when a customer asks  "How many pumps?", they are not asking about a circ pump.  

Thank you all for listening.  I shall be exiting the soapbox now.
Measure once, cut twice.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2004, 09:45:46 am »
I go away on business for 1 week and look what happens!  ;D

Frankie,

Please take all posts in this thread into consideration but here is the bottom line:

You are preparing to make a decision that will result in a major debit to your bank account and a major credit to your quality of life.  You should have set a budget and, if so, you will be able to find a spa within that budget.  You've narrowed it down to 2 tubs, one of which I own.  If you have read my review on the LSX, you will get a very good understanding of my feelings for the tub's therapy.....I'm extremely pleased.  Having had the tub since 7/11/04, I have had ZERO issues with it.....it has been an absolute pleasure to maintain.  I estimate electricity usage to be within $20-$40/month.....after a year's use, I'll know more about that.

Frankie, I suggest you re-read this thread with these points in mind:
1)  Forget all the talk about Master's marketing philosophies.....they have nothing to do with the therapy or the construction of their product.
2)  Take comments' like stuart's "There is NO COMPARISON between Sundance and Master for Quality, Customer service, engineering and reputation. Sundance wins hands down!!!" with a grain of salt.  He has an axe to grind with Master Spas and this occasionally spills over into his comments.  Both Sundance and Master Spas compare very favorably.  To couch statements with the superlatives that he used is misleading as it addresses emotions instead of facts.  Please DO listen to stuart when he is not Master bashing because he is a VERY knowledgable and enjoyable netizen at this sight (....luv you, bubba stu.... :))
3)  Salesdvl said that everyone here says Sundance is better........hate to break it to ya, pal, but you are wrong again......and to think I even pm'ed  you to let you know I was leaving town for a week.....I feel so violated.....(and I luv you too, man...... ;D)

Frankie,  whether you buy an LSX or an Optima/Cameo is of no consequence to me or anyone else on this board.....YOU are the only one that matters.  If you have been looking for only a month, I suggest you look longer and not rush into a purchase.  If you feel you have all the input you need and you truly have narrowed it down to the two products, then choose the one with the most favorable therapy or choose the one that will fit better into your budget.....you can't go wrong with either manufacturer.  I got my LSX for around $8000 with the accessories listed in my review.

Best of luck to you and let us know how it goes......
8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

salesdvl

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2004, 10:34:07 am »
We have many people that bought Master Spas and are happy.  I just can't bring myself to advise anyone to buy one.  

Windy,  I am trying to play it straight.  Many times I have said that it is ultimately the choce of the buyer to decide where the best value is for them.  
Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2004, 10:40:33 am »

And I think thats great.  You & WindsurfDog are good advocates.  I just look at it from the other side.  When you have hundreds of tubs in the field you can get a different opinion very easily.

But going back to Frankie.  Again, if the Sundance is cheaper and the test soaks are equal, whats the confusion.  I wouldn't suggest trying to talk yourself into justifying the $1000 extra for the MasterSpa.  Yes, the ONE seat in the LSX is awesome (assuming the jets stay in place).

Windy part deux,
Here I credit you on your mission, but again I am simply trying to voice an opinion to help Frankie.  If S & M are the same and S is way cheaper.....

( Let me just say I have no opinion on S&M as any other topic)  :)

Measure once, cut twice.

salesdvl

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2004, 10:44:29 am »
and to think I even pm'ed  you to let you know I was leaving town for a week.....I feel so violated.....(and I luv you too, man...... ;D)

8)[/quote]

And finally, Windy the final chapter, ( I  wish I knew how you all put multiple quotes in the same reply)

I can't believe you blabbed that you PM'd me.  I feel cheap and used now.  That was supposed to be just between us.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2004, 01:40:05 pm »
I feel cheap and used now.

And WSD previously said:
.....I feel so violated.....

salesy,
Between you feeling 'cheap and used' and me feeling 'violated', I'd say it sounds as if we're having a pretty good time.... ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2004, 01:40:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42