What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Hot Tub for under $8000 CDN, Tax included?  (Read 5253 times)

Fenian

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Best Hot Tub for under $8000 CDN, Tax included?
« on: October 01, 2005, 09:53:05 pm »
Hi all. We are currently shopping for a 5-person hot tub, primarily for use by two arthritis sufferers(one osteoarthritis of the knee, the other has arthritis in the back and hands). So far we seem to have narrowed the field down to the following spas:

Jacuzzi J-335
H2O Radium LE
Serenity Special Edition
Aruba Deluxe Escape (not too sure about this one, Costco exclusive product)

Which would be your pick for the most reliable hot tub out of the bunch? Are there any other models/manufacturers that we should be looking at?

The Serenity looks nice, but I get an uneasy feeling from the dealer...

Any advice to a hot tub "newbie" :) would be greatly appreciated. We are located in Victoria, BC

Sincerely,

Fenian

Hot Tub Forum

Best Hot Tub for under $8000 CDN, Tax included?
« on: October 01, 2005, 09:53:05 pm »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: Best Hot Tub for under $8000 CDN, Tax included
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:31:04 pm »
I don't know CDN pricing, but given you are looking at the J335, you might want to check the Arctic Cub which is similar in size and layout and may sit quite differently and more comfortably to you since their lounger has an armrest.  

I would strongly advise you to wet test any model you are considering to make sure the seating is comfortable.  Spas seats feel quite different when wet vs dry.  One may feel very comfortable one way and not the other.  You may float out of that wonderful feeling lounge once water gets in the spa.  I think it's even more critical given you mentioned you both have arthritis.  You want to be very comfortable in the spa when it's wet and not have to struggle to not float if at all possible.  Good Luck and have some fun shopping!

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 08:19:14 am »
I own the j335 and really love it.  I was torn between the j335 and j345 but chose the 335 for the lounger.  A friend of mine bought a Home Depot spa for around 5000 and recently I was over and tried it.  Feeling the jets as well as looking at the construction made me realize less than 2000 more bought me a far superior spa that i believe will last much longer.

I feel that for me, the spa is better suited for my therapy needs than spas costing thousands more and mentioned much more frequently than the j335.

As far as reliability, 50 years in business says a lot and jacuzzi ain't goin anywhere soon.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 10:04:57 am »
Hotspring, Tiger River, Hotspot, Solana. All by Watkins Manufacturing.

Sorry, I'm just partial somtimes.

All you've listed will give you hot water and jet pressure to releive your arthritis.

I'd still buy from the people you give you the best feeling while shopping.

Good luck.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 10:15:03 am »
Problem is the thread states he wants something for under 8000 cdn tax included.  Does Watkins manufacture something in that range with good feelings included??
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 10:15:35 am by orlandoguy »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 10:48:47 am »
Problem is the thread states he wants something for under 8000 cdn tax included.  Does Watkins manufacture something in that range with good feelings included??

Tiger River may hit that price point, maybe even HS, who knows.  The one problem with "I want a spa at X dollars or less" is that ones in the price range may not fit well or perhaps optimally is the correct word.  The other is you rarely get anyone's bottom line unless you walk in so while a phone call may prompt a price of $CDN 8500, a visit and wet test might yield a negotiated of price of $CDN 7800.  Places like Costco, the price is the price, but most dedicated dealers seem to operate differently.  Plus different dealers in different areas mark spas up differently.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 12:10:15 pm »
Take a look at the Marquis U530 promotion going on right now...I'm not sure what they are selling for in your area but my guess is it will be real close to what your looking for.

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 07:20:47 pm »
If you can check out Stuart's recommendation I would add Marquis to my list.  We are waiting delivery of an Epic and I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis.  I felt the Marquis was going to meet my needs in those departments.
2005 Marquis Epic

nicker

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 08:31:06 am »
You could check out Coast Mountain Spas.  Their Web site is http://www.coastmountainspas.com

We bought the Robson Model just over 1 year ago and love it !!!   They are made in BC.   Depening on which model you want the Robson and  Garabaldi were right around the $8000 area.

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 12:53:27 pm »
You might want to check out Sundance's 780 series. Not all the bells and whistles as their top of the line, but same quality, warranty, etc..

Good Luck
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 12:53:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42