What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spas?  (Read 11640 times)

Frankie25

Master Spas?
« on: November 17, 2004, 11:30:56 am »
I have been looking at spas for the past month and thought that I had narrowed it down to Sundance and Master Spas.  We went to our Master spa dealer one more time last night to look at the LSX again. I think that I like the Master spa more but I am still a little concerned because I have not heard much about them and the dealer just picked the line up this year.  It seems to be a pretty good spa with the LED lighting, the 4 pumps, and the number of jets and we really liked the extreme seat.  But another concern of mine is the price, for the LSX it is going to be $9500 with LED lighting, cover, chemicals, lifter, steps, and delivery.  This is about $1000 more than the Sundance Cameo we were looking at that has the aromotherapy, cover, lifter, delivery, and chemicals.  

I know I posted a question the other day about this but we just want to make sure we don't spend an extra $1000 and regret it.  Can anyone give me any advice on if Master Spas are worth the extra money and what any experiences are with them???  

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spas?
« on: November 17, 2004, 11:30:56 am »

Chris_H

Re: Master Spas?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 11:44:16 am »
Frankie25,
Sundance as 4 pumps too.  It has two therapy pumps, an air blower, and a circulation pump.  That is the same 4 types of pumps the Master spa uses.  Jets mean absolutely nothing in the spa purchase.  It is the massage you are getting from the Jets.  

I don’t think any professional on this board is going to say the Master is better than the Sundance.  Every professional knows the quality and reputation of the Sundance, and it is leaps and bounds ahead of Master.

I find it quite amazing that the Sundance is less expensive.  

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 12:24:28 pm »
I wish "pumps" was used just to describe vessels that move water to the massage jets!

HTM
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 01:34:13 pm »
Frankie25,
Sundance as 4 pumps too.  It has two therapy pumps, an air blower, and a circulation pump.  That is the same 4 types of pumps the Master spa uses.  Jets mean absolutely nothing in the spa purchase.  It is the massage you are getting from the Jets.  

I don’t think any professional on this board is going to say the Master is better than the Sundance.  Every professional knows the quality and reputation of the Sundance, and it is leaps and bounds ahead of Master.

I find it quite amazing that the Sundance is less expensive.  

There is NO COMPARISON between Sundance and Master for Quality, Customer service, engineering and reputation. Sundance wins hands down!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 01:34:30 pm by stuart »

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 01:44:03 pm »
As I said in the previous post.  I used to carry Master Spa and would NEVER recommend them.
Let me put it another way:

BUY THE SUNDANCE.

If the Sundance is cheaper and EVERYONE here says it is a better quality spa, then:

BUY THE SUNDANCE.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 01:52:10 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 01:54:17 pm »
Aw Cmon, Devil, tell us your real opinion in this matter!
No more holding back now!!!

Brewman
Brewman

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2004, 02:18:40 pm »
Well, I just want to make sure I'm clear this time.   :)
Measure once, cut twice.

spaguyohio

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 03:01:13 pm »
Ive owned a Master Spas for YEARS, havent had problem at all. The LSX is an awesome spa, you should be able to get that spa down around 8600 with cover, steps, and chem kit.

Talk to windsurfdog, he has the LSX and loves it.  

« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 03:07:02 pm by spaguyohio »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 03:29:32 pm »
Spa guy and Windsurf dog....

I know you both are proud and Happy master spa owners...and I do not doubt that your/their spas feel great...but does it bother in any way that they market their products with some very questionable programs at best.....the rebate voucher program being one ...the totally false presentation of spa expo super shows advertising many different brands of spas only to attend the show and find out it is all Master Brands...does it make you wonder at all about the integrity of how they operate

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 03:37:17 pm »
Ya know Mendo, I feel the same way.  I just wasn't sure how to say it.  We did that Voucher thing and we all felt a little slimey doing it.  Next Summer is the 3rd anniversary for it so we will see if anyone gets burned.

The other thing they did to us was to allow another dealer to come from out of state to display at a fairground and tell people to just call us if we had service problems.  Thats pretty low.

We have many people that bought Master Spas and are happy.  I just can't bring myself to advise anyone to buy one.  I'm sure there were quite a few happy Yugo customers for a while too.
Measure once, cut twice.

spaguyohio

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 04:28:18 pm »
I didnt do the voucher program, but do know a few folks who have gotten their money back on it. From what I know, not all dealers are involved, its an option. I do know some other hot tubs dealers in the area are involved who are not MS dealers with the voucher program.

All I know is Im happy with mine. If I had bought it from XXX co and was happy, thats all that matters to me.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 05:05:52 pm »
ISundance Cameo we were looking at that has the aromotherapy,

Both good spas, don't let this be the deciding factor, it is a worthless option. IMO
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 05:07:49 pm »

All I know is Im happy with mine. If I had bought it from XXX co and was happy, thats all that matters to me.

And I think thats great.  You & WindsurfDog are good advocates.  I just look at it from the other side.  When you have hundreds of tubs in the field you can get a different opinion very easily.

But going back to Frankie.  Again, if the Sundance is cheaper and the test soaks are equal, whats the confusion.  I wouldn't suggest trying to talk yourself into justifying the $1000 extra for the MasterSpa.  Yes, the ONE seat in the LSX is awesome (assuming the jets stay in place).
Measure once, cut twice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 05:29:54 pm »
I have been looking at spas for the past month and thought that I had narrowed it down to Sundance and Master Spas.   

I know I posted a question the other day about this but we just want to make sure we don't spend an extra $1000 and regret it.  Can anyone give me any advice on if Master Spas are worth the extra money and what any experiences are with them???  

I've seen individuals who have come to these sites and said they own a Hot Spring, Marquis or Sundance and have had problems and would not recommend that brand. I look at that as a sample of one as I know they are very good spas and there are always exceptions even if a spa maker is known to make a quality product. At the same time, if someone owns a spa and says its great that is also a sample of one so the fact they've had no issues does not necessarily mean its a top notch brand, it simply means that spa has worked well. I look more at the experiences of the many (including, but certainly not limited to, the spa professionals on these sites) and for that reason I'd take Sundance over Master.  
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 05:32:47 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 06:03:02 pm »

I look more at the experiences of the many (including, but certainly not limited to, the spa professionals on these sites) and for that reason I'd take Sundance over Master.  

Dude, nicely put.   Unbiased.  To the point.   I like it.
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 06:03:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42