What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Substitute for Grandee wet test ?  (Read 2955 times)

rfraboni

Substitute for Grandee wet test ?
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:04:05 am »
My question is that is if the envoy sits simularly to the Grandee, using the non lounge seats, since there is not one in stock and if I ordered it I own it.

The closest dealer with one in stock is 70 miles away and closes at 6 pm.  Hard to get there, wife is a school teacher.  I also do not like the idea of just going to one dealer to wet test and then trying to buy from another.

Any advice would be welcome.

PS only brands within 30 miles are HS, Coleman, and Baja that I can find.

Thank you for your time.

Hot Tub Forum

Substitute for Grandee wet test ?
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:04:05 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Substitute for Grandee wet test ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 11:08:37 am »
The Vanguard is just a smaller version of the Grandee, if you can find one of those to wet test.  It sits almost exactly the same, so you can safely assume that if you like the Vanguard, you will like the Grandee.

Most dealers will make arrangements to meet you after hours to let you wet test.  I stayed an hour and a half late yesterday so a family could come in for a test soak.  They appreciated it and bought a Prodigy from me.  Any dealer should be willing to go the extra mile to accomodate the customer.  Good luck! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 11:20:52 am »
The Vanguard is just a smaller version of the Grandee, if you can find one of those to wet test.  It sits almost exactly the same, so you can safely assume that if you like the Vanguard, you will like the Grandee.

Most dealers will make arrangements to meet you after hours to let you wet test.  I stayed an hour and a half late yesterday so a family could come in for a test soak.  They appreciated it and bought a Prodigy from me.  Any dealer should be willing to go the extra mile to accomodate the customer.  Good luck! :)

Terminator

I agree with Terminator.  Most dealers will stay late for a test-soak.  Most dealers know test-soakers are serious about purchasing.  I just disagree with making a dealer fill a tub up specifically for an individual.

freddortort

• waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 11:30:58 am »
If the TERMINATOR was in my town I would already own a tub! ! ! ! ! ! !

ps  I also felt uncomfortable going to a dealer in the next town but I DID IT

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 11:34:25 am »

Comfort, schmumfort. If you want to wet test the spa go for it!! Maybe you can tell your dealer that if he won't fill the tub for you he can at least talk to the other dealer on your behalf to arrange for the wet test since you feel a bit uncomfortable.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 11:36:04 am »

Terminator
What Terminator didn't tell you, is that his store hours are 12 pm to 3 pm, so that hour and a half he stayed late wasn't sooooo bad! ;D

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 11:39:57 am »
What Terminator didn't tell you, is that his store hours are 12 pm to 3 pm, so that hour and a half he stayed late wasn't sooooo bad! ;D

SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :-X

Terminator

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 11:41:21 am »
If the TERMINATOR was in my town I would already own a tub! ! ! ! ! ! !

Thank you, fredortort, I appreciate the compliment.

How far from Longview, TX are you again?

Terminator

rfraboni

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 08:24:41 pm »
I too wish I was in an area with such a large dealer that was able to keep a decent supply of popular models in stock that can be used to demo to potential customers.

This site has given me access to a lot of information and I have enjoyed a lot of what I have read.

waggie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 10:08:13 pm »
Well, I have to tell you that I didn't like the Vanguard nearly so well as the Grandee.  Unless they've changed it for the new model, the Vanguard has one of the seats with the single moto massage, and I really, really didn't like the single at all.  It just went up and down my spine.  The double moto is so much better.   If I were you, I'd find a way to get to the dealer with the Grandee.  Or tell the local dealer to get the sucker filled up with some water for you.  Actually, that's just what we did.   Or rather what the salesman offered to do for me.   It was dry when we were looking at it and he said he'd call me in a couple days when they had water in it so I could come in and wet test it.  Which certainly paid off for him since we wound up buying it.    

I flat out told my husband I refused to consider anything unless I could wet test.   I didn't care if someone said such and such was the "same as" another model.   No wet test, no buy!  

rfraboni

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 08:36:15 am »
The main problem that there is not a local dealer with one in stock, and do not feel right contacting a dealer I know I am not going to by from and have them fill it for a test and then what happens if for some reason I need to get service from him in the future.  Tell him I do not like the spa and then finds out I bought one.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 08:36:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42