What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa, Pool, and Patio show in Philadelphia...  (Read 1639 times)

Chris_H

Spa, Pool, and Patio show in Philadelphia...
« on: October 03, 2005, 10:24:33 am »
So in Sunday’s Philadelphia Inquirer (a newspaper) there was an advertisement that stated there was going to be a pool, spa, and patio show that national pool and spa manufacturers would be attending and competing for my business at the Valley Forge Convention Center which is in the suburbs of Philadelphia.

With the Eagles down 18 to 0 yesterday, I thought I would attend because I had no reason to watch the rest of the game and I wanted to see all the national manufacturers in action.

I get there and I notice only one manufacturer of spas.  The manufacturer was Master.  I guess the advertisement was a little misleading.  The website for the show can be found here:  http://spapoolpatio.com/vf/index.shtml  Please decide for yourself if it is misleading.  

While I was there I talked to some guy as I was playing with the spa with TV.  The first thing I noticed was the spa was loud especially in the seats with the jets outside of the water.  I found it funny because I was on the other side of the spa when a salesperson started talking to me and couldn’t hear a word he was saying.  I had to shut the spa off to hear him.  He goes on to tell me that the spa gives me a great massage.    The spa that was described in the past four sentences was the LSX1050.  

I told him I would be looking into something a little smaller so he shows me the LSX because I told him I wanted a “Master Blaster” and a lounge.  He tells me this is the spa he has at his home and he likes the lounge.  

Generally speaking, he told me that the frame is galvanized steel and that it is stronger than wood.  He showed me a spa with the cabinet off.  I swear there is no way that frame is stronger than the wood frames of Sundance or Hotspring or name your manufacturer here.  He shows me the cabinets and how they are maintenance free.  They don’t look very sturdy to me.  I knock on it and it shakes like an earthquake.   The previous statements are just my opinion based on my observations.

I then look at the spa next to the LSX and it is a LS750.  I look at it because it has very obvious blisters on the shell.  I ask the salesperson what that is and he says it is a blister and they discounted the spa for the purchasers because of it.  Any ideas why they would have a spa with blisters on it in the first place?  I really don’t understand why.

After showing me the LSX he uses his closing line, “are you going to be buying a spa in the next 6 months”  I tell him no and he immediately says let me get you a brochure.  I guess I should have said yes because I could have then got the pleasure of listening to him try to really close me.

Eagles won by the way.

I hope this helps someone,

Chris

Hot Tub Forum

Spa, Pool, and Patio show in Philadelphia...
« on: October 03, 2005, 10:24:33 am »

rfraboni

Re: Spa, Pool, and Patio show in Philadelphia...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 10:34:47 am »
Wow, that seems just like the experience I had at a show about a month ago.  When I asked about service since there was not a local dealer they were like the dealer 90 miles away will service you no problem.  

Also, they were only offering wet tests in the FST model not even the model I would be interested in.

I also felt that the add they had locally was a little misleading, for us it was advertised on the local TV during the AM news.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Spa, Pool, and Patio show in Philadelphia...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 10:34:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42