What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Comfort v Quality  (Read 3899 times)

paul

• New Optima Owner
Comfort v Quality
« on: September 30, 2005, 09:45:27 am »
Help! I am trying to choice between a reputable dealer/manufacturer and spas from other companies but feel better to me.

Comfort:  Master and Diamante

I just tested a Master LS 750. I really liked the strength of the jets I have arthritis in my back, and the pain is relieved only by very strong pressure (usually from my girlfriend or a massage therapist very forcefully driving an elbow or knee into a trigger point), so the power of the Master felt great. But I am uncomfortable with the brand b/c the local dealer recently had a very misleading sales event. He rented a small convention hall, and advertised it in the local paper as a "Spa Blowout" at which many different manfacturers would be displaying their product. When I went there, only Master Spas were being displayed, and by salepeople who did not know a thing about the product and would not write a price down on a piece of paper.

I also felt very good and great power in a Diamante Phantom Supreme. But my concern is that the local dealer for them gets slammed very hard by every other dealer (they all do it to each other, but the Diamante dealer gets it the worst). Also, the Diamante website has been down, so when I called the manufacturer to ask why, they said it was "because of the LA blackout a few weeks ago." I know from a techie friend that this cannot be true. When I asked the local dealer, he told me that he also asked the manufacturer about it, and was told it was b/c "they forgot to pay the $75 monthly fee." Ture or false, that answer was troubling.

Reputation and Dealer: Hot Springs

I've twice wet tested an HS Envoy. It seems well built and felt quite good, but I didn't care for the double Moto Jets, and it just didn't seem to have the power on my back of the other 2, or the same ability to divert to get that power in one seat. But HS seems to be the only reputable manufacturer who builds a high quality spa sold locally in Vegas. (The other dealers sell Master, Coast, Cal, Elite and, Diamante. Marquis and D1 are not sold locally.

So do I go with the reputable brand/dealer (Hot Springs), or one of the ones that felt better (Diamante or Master)???? Thanks for any advice.

Hot Tub Forum

Comfort v Quality
« on: September 30, 2005, 09:45:27 am »

SpaMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Comfort v Quality
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 09:56:17 am »
 But HS seems to be the only reputable manufacturer who builds a high quality spa sold locally in Vegas. (The other dealers sell Master, Coast, Cal, Elite and, Diamante. Marquis and D1 are not sold locally.

So do I go with the reputable brand/dealer (Hot Springs), or one of the ones that felt better (Diamante or Master)???? Thanks for any advice. [/quote]

You forgot that L.A and now Colemans back in your market. Outt of those listed I'm sorry but I know that Cal Spas is a reputable manufacturer nationally and internationally maybe not to 4 or 5 regular posters here, but in the real world they are very reputable. The dealer in Las Vegas happens to be part of the largest spa store dealers in the entire world, reputation is everything to these guys.You may give them antother look!

Chris_H

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 10:24:10 am »
Don't you work for that dealer...

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 10:42:02 am »
I'm not a dealer.... Peace of mind is worth a lot. The fact that you FEEL unconfortable with the manfacture and dealer of some brands would stop me buying that brand. The 15-20 years of ownership will be less than you hope for, IF, your are worried about the future service from the dealer and parent company. Good luck. Wet test a 2nd time. I wasn't crazy about the dual moto the 1st time but my wife loved it in the Envoy we ended up getting. I liked the five different seats and the dual moto has grown on me now that we have had it 7mos.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 11:05:59 am »
Paul,
Good to have you. I saw your question over at Jim's site and hoped you'd stop by as the last thing you want is to follow his advice (really, avoid him like the plague).

That Master show is an old tired trick their corporate guys pull all the time. Their reputation is very soiled by that fake show but at the same time while they're not my favorite they are worth a look and they do have some happy owners here.

I saw the Diamante site was down also and that did seem odd (don't know them well) but it is back up. Do a BBB check on that dealer if it seems like the others dealers are pointing him out as questionable. Having a top notch dealer can be a huge plus.

Hot Springs is a good choice but we always advise people to wet test and if that didn't cut it for you keep looking before buying based on quality and reputation as you have to like how it feels.

Marquis and D1 would be good choices but if they're not local what can you do (you want a local dealer). It seems like you're trying to check everyone out in your area but you didn't mention a couple I think are worth looking at and testing are Sundance, Caldera and Jacuzzi. My advice would be to go to the websites of those 3 and find their "dealer finder" which allows you to enter your zip code and see if they have a local dealer. Other people here own spas like Arctic, Beachcomber and Coleman and seem happy with their choice so if you're the kind of person who likes to exhaust all options check them all out.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 01:49:54 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 12:12:52 pm »
Paul,
Where are you located that there is not a D1 or Marquis dealer?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 12:45:43 pm »
Paul,
Where are you located that there is not a D1 or Marquis dealer?

He's in Vegas which makes it seem odd since I thought everyone who is someone was there. Maybe you can root out their whereabouts.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 12:49:11 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 12:51:47 pm »
I saw your question over at Jim's site and hoped you'd stop by as the last thing you want is to follow his advice (really, avoid him like the plague).

My apologies go out to the plague for that egregious statement.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 01:50:11 pm by Spatech_tuo »

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 01:42:32 pm »
I thought that maybe you were worried about your teeth ;D

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 01:50:14 pm »
Paul,
Paddock Pools sells Sundance spas in Las Vegas. You owe it to yourself to check them out.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 01:50:46 pm »
I thought that maybe you were worried about your teeth ;D

I didn't even catch that! ;D

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 02:36:47 pm »
Can you catch plaque?  I learn so much from this site. :D

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 05:58:32 pm »
I hear Crest Tartar control is really good for that... ;D :-/
2005 Marquis Epic

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 12:21:42 pm »
Does anyone have a response to Hymbaw's opinion that I should try out Sundance?  I didn't think they were in the big leagues with HS, Master, D1, etc.  

Also, my local Vegas Sundance dealer installs them in ground, which was what I wanted until I was told that, if you do that, you get a completely different product w/ much less power and theraputic value.  Is that true?  Sundance sells the 880 Optima, but calls it the "in-ground" series.  The specs seem the same, so now I am totally confused.

SpaMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 12:33:48 pm »
Sundance?

They are a good tub and Paddock is a good company a bit high priced as far as Sundance goes I competed against them some 10 yrs in Phoenix. My friend Todd is the regional rep there for Sundance.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 12:34:23 pm by coloradocrusader »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 12:33:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42