What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Pic o' the Day 9-28-05 (Expanded)  (Read 7313 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Tub Pic o' the Day 9-28-05 (Expanded)
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 04:34:18 pm »
3. I thought of this too but didn't have the guts had too much class to post it
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 04:34:18 pm »

freddortort

• waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 04:49:24 pm »
1,2,3, and 4

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 04:59:39 pm »
It's a play on words, lighten up, nothing dirty unless you think that way. 1 2 3 & 4  It means he can't get any work done beacuse he is looking at the pic'o'the day..............ALL DAY!!!     LOL!!

cappykat

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 05:52:12 pm »
HAAAAA!!!  I think that's what you call a "Fruedian slip" ;D ;D  I think Terminator knew exactly what he was saying...JK, Terminator!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 05:53:03 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 05:54:15 pm »
HAAAAA!!!  I think that's what you call a "Fruedian slip" ;D ;D  I think Terminator knew exactly what he was saying...JK, Terminator!!

:-X ;)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cappykat

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 06:05:27 pm »
LOLLLLL!!!!
2005 Marquis Epic

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 10:07:47 pm »

rfraboni

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2005, 08:42:39 pm »
Do you have any information about the cause of any of the spa fires?   Were they caused by improper wiring size, bad grounding, water shortage of electronics, pumps running dry and causing too much heat.  

I am asking to try and determine the causes just to ensure we do not make the same mistakes as those unfortunate owners.

I do plan on having a licensed electrician install the wiring or at least do all the hookups even if I were to pull wiring, a coworker is an electrician and has offered to do this for me.

J._McD

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2005, 10:14:31 pm »
Do you have any information about the cause of any of the spa fires?   Were they caused by improper wiring size, bad grounding, water shortage of electronics, pumps running dry and causing too much heat.  

I am asking to try and determine the causes just to ensure we do not make the same mistakes as those unfortunate owners.

I do plan on having a licensed electrician install the wiring or at least do all the hookups even if I were to pull wiring, a coworker is an electrician and has offered to do this for me.

Buy an Identifiable brand from a reputable dealer and inquire about certifications like UL, ETL etc.  The major brand manufacturers talked about and mentioned on this board are very large financial organizations that are not knowingly going to subject themselves to lawsuits because of faulty products.

On the other hand, there are those who would make unauthorized modifications, but I would consider them to be very few and far between, but yet possible.

Don't buy from the lowest bidder or a dealer that has "assembled" all of the parts to make a spa, excuse me, that would be a "custom spa".

These pictures are indicative of realities that do exist and that have indeed occured over the past 30 years.  There is a national website that register all fires and the cause of fires and these pictures represent only a few of such occurences.

Most fires are caused by faulty equipment (heaters) that do not shut off, loose wire connections, aluminum wire (which is a no no), and faulty circuits.  you can rest assured that ALL of the manufacturers along with UL, ETL and all other testing labratories are fully aware of the possibilities and are forever viligant and alert for them.

In the past, even notable names have had fire issues, but today's Hot Tubs are far removed from the chance of this occurring, but then, anything can be modified or incorrectly wired.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2005, 10:14:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42