What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ya Hoo!!!  (Read 4965 times)

cappykat

Ya Hoo!!!
« on: September 28, 2005, 05:43:10 pm »
After months of decisions we will start next week in preparation for our Epic. The concrete guy will start next week in removing windows, removing a door, masonry rework, and laying our slab ($2300).

We went to Home Depot last night and got our deck laid out and a cost of materials ($3500+).  Thanks to Miquel in Contractor Services who worked his magic on the computer!  Invaluable service.  We will probably have the deck materials delivered next week also and hubby will start the building.

Have our landscaper coming tomorrow to design the pavers and landscape our backyard.  Finally, it looks like we are going to have a lush backdrop for our hot-tub.  

I will take pictures of the progress.  Thanks for all the help and encouragement I've received from everyone!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 05:45:16 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Ya Hoo!!!
« on: September 28, 2005, 05:43:10 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Ya Hoo!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 06:12:10 pm »
Congratulations!  Any idea how long it will take your husband to build?  Mine would have 80% done in about 3 months, and the remaining 20% would still be waiting to be finished 5 years from now.   :)

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 06:21:07 pm »
Awesome Cappykat!! I want pictures galore!!! Good luck with the entire project. It is so exciting when you begin!

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 06:24:16 pm »
We're hoping before Thanksgiving.  We were told it took approximately 6-8 hours to build a 10x12 deck.  Ours is going to be 2 13x13 squares on each side of a 12x15 rectangle.  We wanted to do 2 octagonals but it involves a lot of cuts, so we decided on the squares.  That could change depending on hubby....

My husband is a Purchasing Manager at Universal Studios and he is so busy at work.  It's going to be a night and weekends project.  Hopefully, someone will feel sorry for him and they'll offer to help.

Miguel at Home Depot said he'd work for beer.... ;D ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 06:26:28 pm »
It sounds like your project will turn out great!! Good luck and enjoy it step by step!!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 06:26:30 pm »
Hi Payton...everytime I see your picture I swear it's from a professional layout...LOL!  I can only hope ours will turn out as nicely.
2005 Marquis Epic

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 06:33:04 pm »
Thanks Cappykat. I actually took that picture on top of a ladder which was placed our top deck looking down to the lower deck with the spa on it. I keep trying to come up with different shots. So far, it is my favorite.  

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 06:40:02 pm »
I think I'd pick up a keg and have Miguel come on over.

My husband used to travel a lot.  I was missing a wall in my living room for almost 2 years (I couldn't even tell you why he took it out) before he was given ultimatums and I hired out the job.  Now I dont even give him the option to do things.  I do it myself or find someone else to do it for beer and carne asada.   :)

Can't wait to see pics.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 06:41:55 pm »
Congratulations!  Any idea how long it will take your husband to build?  Mine would have 80% done in about 3 months, and the remaining 20% would still be waiting to be finished 5 years from now.   :)

I started my deck project 1st weekend in May and I just finished the screen room last weekend. There's still electric and latice trim to put up and post caps both lighted and standard and ... so 5 years sounds about right! ;D

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 09:10:27 pm »
You all are so funny!!  My husband came home tonight after an intense day at work and was just pooped.  Did I say Thanksgiving?? ???  I guess it will get done when it get done.

We may just have a slab with a hot-tub on it.  Believe me...I will gladly buy a keg and supply dinner...maybe even breakfast if it's an all nighter LOL!! just to get some help.

I'm sure we'll be calling our family!  Vinny, do you have pictures of your screen room?
2005 Marquis Epic

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 09:12:40 pm »
Payton, you said you used PT lumber?  What kind of wood...southern pine, redwood, cedar and what grade?

You had a contractor do the work, right?  Did your wood come from Lowe's or Home Depot?
2005 Marquis Epic

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 10:08:59 pm »
Payton, you said you used PT lumber?  What kind of wood...southern pine, redwood, cedar and what grade?

You had a contractor do the work, right?  Did your wood come from Lowe's or Home Depot?

Use Lowes - it's much better than HD but try a lumber yard. You might be surprised at how comparable in price they are. I had my deck material supplied by a lumber yard. They were about the same price and they only charged me $10.00 delivery fee for each delivery - I had 5 deliveries to space the material apart - otherwise it would have been a mountain of stuff.

With a tub make sure structurely you use southern pine - nothing compares to it's strength.

I didn't take pictures yet of the screen room, I will try to do it by the weekend.

drprwnap

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 11:16:06 pm »
Congrats, Cappy.  I hope you can hang in there as it sounds like it will take awhile.  Hey, I've been to So. Cal and between  work and TRAFFIC your hubby has to be one tired puppy.
If that man can build a 10 x 12 deck in  6-8 hours, he's in the wrong business! :D :D  Good luck on your project.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 12:18:20 am »
That has to be the best deck I've ever seen.  Very nice Payton.

Awesome Cappykat!! I want pictures galore!!! Good luck with the entire project. It is so exciting when you begin!

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

cappykat

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 09:01:14 am »
Drprwnap...we're in Florida but same difference with all the "Wally World" visitors.  Our traffic is probably worse because we don't have the road system that CA does.

I'm just going to be patient.  It's taken this long so what's a little longer...  ::)

Vinny, I don't even know if we have a lumber yard... ???
Hmmm...I'll have to check that out.  Are you saying a lumber yard would have "better" wood?

Drprwnap...you gotta post pictures!  ;D ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 09:01:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42