What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Two week review of Artesian Diamond  (Read 2353 times)

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Two week review of Artesian Diamond
« on: September 29, 2005, 03:15:11 pm »
Overall, we have had a great experience with the Diamond!  I use it every evening, my wife and daughters are in every couple of days . . . so its well used.  No problems with start-up all . . . flipped the breaker and circ pump came on followed by all the jets per the filtration cycle.  Easily set all the digitial controls for time, filtration cycle start time and duration.  I had a bit of confusion regarding the filtration cycle which Vinny straightened out for me . . . Thanks again!  We have a UV ozonator on the spa and a circ pump . . . this means that when the filtration cycle starts all the pumps come on for a minute or two along with the ozonator.  The ozone stays on for the two hours, but since it's attached to the circ pump it seems like nothing is happening.  I actually removed the side panel to see that the ozonator was going on/off at the appropriate time  :P

Got a lesson on Chemicals from our dealer . . . who has been very responsive . . . would recommend to anyone in the Bay Area . . . and have had no problems keeping things balanced.  I use 1/3 teaspoon diclor after each use (a bit more if we've had a 4-way family conference in the tub), MPS for shock once a week (3 tablespoons), and some Enzyme to help control scum line (1 tablespoon once a week) that's it!

What we like:

The triad seat has awesome back message . . . both lower and upper . . . my favorite seat at the moment.  My wife likes the lounger for her calves and lower thighs.

There are two very powerful jets in the diamond . . . one in the foot well and the other in one of the "high" or "step" seats.  These have been fantastic for foot message and also lower back message.  In fact, for my height (5'11") I can lower myself into the foot well and just like the cyclone jet pound away . . . amazing!

One thing we have really enjoyed is how easy it is to move around the spa with the barrier free design.  We find that there is a kind of dance where every 5-10 minutes we'll all move around to new locations . . . an unexpected benefit.

No big downsides yet . . . I'll let you know in a couple of months how it's going . . . but so far we are definately in spatopia!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Two week review of Artesian Diamond
« on: September 29, 2005, 03:15:11 pm »

cappykat

Re: Two week review of Artesian Diamond
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 03:46:46 pm »
Glad to hear you are pleased with your choice and enjoying spatopia!!  Congrats  ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 06:20:35 pm »
Congrats and Enjoy!!!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 06:38:16 pm »
Wow, your (along with others) chemical regime is much different than mine as far as quantities. Maybe I should start rethinking the amounts I use...400 gallon tub -  I put in 2 teaspoons after every soak and when I used enzymes (Spa Perfect) I was using 1 fl oz per 100 gallons. I did put in the N2 stick in for this water chandge to see but of course with summer over the tub isn't seeing nearly as much "outsider" traffic as it did in the summer ... so I can't say how it's working.

As far as ozone, I constantly have bubbles (not an indication of ozone) and have my ozone running 12 hours a day soon to be bumped down to 8 (just waiting to be around the tub at a 12 o'clock  hour). I NEVER smell ozone in my tub and I wonder too if it's working. But I guess with the amount of dichlor I use - ozone's not needed! - LOL!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 06:38:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42