What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!  (Read 2698 times)

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!
« on: September 27, 2005, 12:07:30 am »
Is it going to be easy to understand THE best water treatment system? From what I can tell from past posts, this topic is the proverbial can of worms.

I was issued the Baqua with my spa, my buddy uses Soft Soak, which as I understand it, is about the same. Is it? He loves it!

My issue is I've seen the posts where some would have you believe Baqua will most certainly cause a long and painfull death not to mention bankruptcy.

Why should or shouldn't I use this system? Can anyone direct me to a solid source to gain an understanding of the various methods?

Hot Tub Forum

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink!
« on: September 27, 2005, 12:07:30 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 07:08:15 am »
Baqua is the same as Soft Soak as is Free by Leisure Time.  Go to the web sites of each...Soft Soak is by Spa Guard/Bio Guard.  You can get an education there.  It seems that with biguanide systems, folks either love them or hate them.

I know many who use Baqua and love it.  I do not use it nor have I tried it.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 11:30:23 am »
To get a balanced perspective and demystify the subject, go to rhtubs.com and look in the FAQ section for The Vermonter.  He will tell you how and why to use dichlor.  

Regards,

Bill

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 01:40:37 pm »
If you want to know, why not to Baqua do a count and you will see for every 10 who try about 3 like it and stick with it....

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 01:46:12 pm »
agree, agree, agree
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

alwaysperky

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 08:15:47 pm »
If you want to know, why not to Baqua do a count and you will see for every 10 who try about 3 like it and stick with it....

I'm sorry, what do you mean?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 08:42:11 pm »
I believe what Mendo is saying is that if you did a search on the forum regarding those who like Baqua vs those who do not, you would find three out of ten like it or in reverse, seven out of ten do not.

alwaysperky

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 09:05:24 pm »
Well I've invested some time on rhtubs.  So far I've seen the Vermonters recipe but not a lot of information on really what's wrong with Baqua, besides the certain death and bankruptcy.

What don't people like about Baqua?  The cough thing?

One guy wrote: The only way to destroy or Oxidize out this dead bacteria is to use Hydrogen Peroxide.  Are there any her problems? YES, Hydrogen Peroxide destroys clear plastic (Lexan Polycarbonate).

The lady from Baqua wrote: Hot water is not compatible with Lexan polycarbonate. In literature that can be obtained from the GE Plastics website (www.geplastics.com/resins/devprod/resistance.html), it is indicated that Lexan® has been “found marginal” for use in hot water and should be used “only for short exposures at lower temperatures or when loss of mechanical properties is not critical.”   Equipment manufacturers have other materials available to them, including coatings for polycarbonates, blended polycarbonates and alternative polymers which are better suited to a hot water environment and provide the other desirable characteristics required for these parts.  The continued use of polycarbonates could be because some of these alternatives may be more expensive, or some manufacturers may not be aware of all of the new options that are available.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 10:04:48 pm »
There is the cough thing, some have complained about a scum line and the breakdown of plastics are the reasons you see.  As I said, most of the spa owners I know use Baqua with no issues and no desire to change, even though it seems a little more expensive.  There must be a good market for the products because LeisureTime just jumped in.

Try it.  You can always change.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 10:04:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42