What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Start up chemicals.....  (Read 4190 times)

Cass

• Loving our Tiger River Caspian!!!!!!
Start up chemicals.....
« on: September 26, 2005, 07:06:06 pm »
I got a bottle of Spa Perfect, a bottle of Rendezvous Protect Plus, and a bottle of GLB Granular. (Sodium dichlor)  Don't I need more than this?   Such as Ph up, Ph down, test strips, etc?   ???

Hot Tub Forum

Start up chemicals.....
« on: September 26, 2005, 07:06:06 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Start up chemicals.....
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 07:44:51 pm »
Yes, you should but sometimes dealers either forget or don't include them. My dealer gave me a bottle each of dichlor/MPS shock, calcium increaser and alk up, she also included a N2 stick.

The instructions I received were 10 Tablespoons of Alk up and 5 tablespoons of Calcium increaser. Luckily for me I already knew about water chemistry (I have a pool) and the readings were too low.

See what others say but I would give they dealer a call to see what's up.

Good Luck!

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 08:38:43 pm »
I only got bromine, mps shock, clarifyer and test strips with my set up.

Once I figured out I needed calcium hardness increaser, ph down, baking soda to increase my alk and other small items, I made a trip to the pool store rather than sweat what wasn't in my startup package.  I let it go maybe because they threw in an extra stereo remote?

Within a month, I bought an extra set of filters, a small skimmer, spa umbrella, tiki torches, towel racks, and anything else I could get my hands on to further simplify and beautify my outdoor oasis of pleasure. 8)

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 09:44:58 pm »
Every dealer is different. We think, if you're buying a product for several thousand dollars, we give you everything you'll need. However, some give the little starter kit. What's your expectation as a new spa buyer?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 12:56:21 am »
Not even test strips???

I like giving a bottle these to new customers and then take bets on how long it will last

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 01:11:26 am »
Not even test strips???

I like giving a bottle these to new customers and then take bets on how long it will last

I have test strips for my kids' kiddie pool and use a couple every time they use the pool... one before they use it to know how much chemicals to put in and then one after I put the chemicals in to make sure I didn't over do it, then again when they are done.  I love those things.  I'm like a kid with a new toy.   :)  I'll need a stock pile when I actually have a spa, real chemicals,  and several hundred gallons of water to play with.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 08:26:37 am »
I received a complete "CAREFREE" startup kit from Beachcomber.  It included;

1. Carefree (a clarifier, descaler etc.)
2. Carefree boost (Dichlor)
3. PHup
4. PHminus
5. Resist (alk up)
6. Protect (Calcium increaser)
7. Taylor test kit
8. Sponge
9. Aromatherapy
All this came in a factory sealed Tote and then the dealer threw in some tub cleaner, a floater and a bucket of pucks.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Cass

• Loving our Tiger River Caspian!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 10:47:54 am »
We will receive our strips, etc.  during our "water orientation"  that we will have in the next day or so.    

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 10:47:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42