What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension one Feedback?  (Read 13179 times)

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: Dimension one Feedback?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 09:13:47 am »

Ahhhh that is the rub.....in closing all the jets but 4 in one seat you tried to put more water flow than what those jets were designed to do and by doing so that is the reason for the intense massage that you could not stay in front for long With the Marquis and their Hk 40 jets they are designed to handle 40gpm of water for a very comfortable massage and which if I am not mistaken is twice the water flow if the next largest therapy jet in the industry ( excluding foot blaster or volcano jets) , I understand that 20gpm is the next largest, with jets that are designed for 40gpm of flow you can stay in front them longer for a deeper massage ....All manufactures have things they do well and the better ones do more things well than others. Marquis focus is on high flow hydro therapy with the ability to isolate muscle groups one at a time.

The jets were rotating vortex jets with a very deep kneeding action into the traps.  That is my problem area and I was seeking very deep therapy.  It is very unusual to find large rotating vortex jets that high in a chair.  Most of the other jets I've encounted for the neck and trap area don't provide that.  They just shoot a stream of water which does not provide nearly the same therapy level.  What do the Marquis jets for the neck/traps do?  Rotate or straight stream?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 09:13:47 am »

TubsAndCues

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 11:59:48 am »
Good luck on finding the correct spa for you and your family!  :)  

I'm a dealer, but for a different brand from either one you're looking at.  As far as D1 goes, I've heard good responses from customers about D1 tubs in my area.  They are one of the better lines out there.  The only down sides I've heard from my customers about them is they can be a hassle when it comes time to program the controls (which happens every time you lose power or shut it down to drain it and refill).  Also, I've heard one complaint that their warranty has a few loopholes, primarily due to water chemistry.

I do not know that this is a fact since I only heard this from a customer and have not read through the warranty for myself.

Overall, I've heard a lot of good things about the D1 line, but I'd check into the concerns I've heard from my customers.

Mugsy

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 08:23:24 am »
Installed a D1 Aurora II on 5/10/05. Install took @4 hours including electric, water fill, tech testing, etc. Heated to 102* in about 4 more hours. Decided on Bromine vs all the other things that sounded good. Just 2 of us, in it everyday. Run the pumps for about 1 hour every morning to keep the filtering going. Check and add Bromine as necessary (usually every 2-3 days. Still have the original water fill. Programming the D1 was a cinch. I have had several relativly short power (< 1hour)outages and have not had to re-program. The ozone runs a lot but the effect on my electric bill has been modest (@ $1 a day).

Happier than hell with my D1.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh,,, THANKS to Stuart, Spa-tech, Mendo and the others on this board for all of the advise they offered and wisdom they provided during my purchasing decisions. ;D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 10:14:27 am »
I used to sell D-1 and also found them to be the easiest tub to program.

Most spas have you enter multiple button sequences or hold a button to enter programing modes. This usually requires refferring to the manual until you become more familiar with the controls.

The Dimension 1 with its "scrolling message center" walks you through programming on screen in your choice of languages (4 I think)
Homeworks Financing Representative

kenharris99

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2005, 07:48:05 pm »
Man, there is too much bs on this board! Half the time I soak without the jets on just to watch football while enjoying a nice cold beverage with my wife.
This is my 2nd spa, (Hotsprings was first and I didn't spend a nickle in repairs in 7 years) and I bought ia Dimension one because I wanted another name brand, good reputation spa. (Kind of like Mercedes vs BMW, which I  have owned)
This is a luxury spa the D1, and, 2 motors which are Dual 2 speed, adjustable (individual) jets, huge filters, ozonator, computerized electronics, best warantee in the business. A hot Springs is hard to beat, but this is a great spa and we love it. I think the seating arrangement is the bomb!
PS: I use it everyday, use a teaspoon of diclore when I exit, and the water is perfect. Spend the money on a quality spa and a nice TV with cable or satillite so you can enjoy it outdoors.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 07:49:01 pm by kenharris99 »

cappykat

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2005, 11:26:38 am »
Geez...I have read the pros/cons of Marquis' Tri-Zone therapy on this forum. Maybe Kyle's post did have some "sales dribble", but when we wet tested the Epic the only "drawback" if you can call it that was you couldn't have ALL the jets on in the aidirondack seat.  Both my husband and I wet tested together and I certainly didn't notice any let down in power while I was in any other seat and he was in the aidirondack seat and vice versa.

I don't get all the negatives on Marquis' Tri-Zone therapy??  We wet tested HotSprings, D1, Jacuzzi, Sundance and of those we thought the Epic had the best therapy.  Note, I said WE like the Epic...it's an individual thing.  We weren't aware of ANY limitations until I started reading them on this forum.  All I know is that the Epic FELT great to us....Tri-Zone or no Tri-Zone.
2005 Marquis Epic

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2005, 12:20:02 pm »

I don't get all the negatives on Marquis' Tri-Zone therapy??  We wet tested HotSprings, D1, Jacuzzi, Sundance and of those we thought the Epic had the best therapy.  Note, I said WE like the Epic...it's an individual thing.  We weren't aware of ANY limitations until I started reading them on this forum.  All I know is that the Epic FELT great to us....Tri-Zone or no Tri-Zone.

Most people don't understand the concept and are fine letting themselves be let to believe that it is outside the realm of how you want a massage when in reality it's exactly how a masseuse works on someone.

How about this, go set in one of the Rolling Massage Chair’s at Sharper Image and try to imagine if they had rollers working every part of your body at once. You wouldn’t be able to concentrate on one spot and it would not be nearly as relaxing…Try it once and you will agree!

cappykat

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2005, 01:14:50 pm »
Oh, I hear you, Stuart.  That's exactly right.  I've had a masseuse do massage on me and that's exactly how they work.  I don't know of a masseuse who has the hands to do my entire body all at once...HA!! and even if they could, you're right--I wouldn't be nearly as relaxed.

I know every spa has it features and selling points but I guess I'm just tired of hearing that Marquis' Tri-zone therapy is limiting--it's NOT.  It's exactly how a therapeudic massage is done--one muscle group at a time.
2005 Marquis Epic

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2005, 08:39:48 pm »
I just had my D1 Chairman installed. ( I bought it a while back but wasn't able to install due to construction issues)

I LOVE IT! Almost every night I'm out there watching the stars, relaxing.
Oh, and paid $6,495.

A Chairman or a Chaiman II?????

It costs me more than that wholesale with shipping, delivery and accessories for a C2 ??? ??? ??? ???

steved131

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 11:34:24 pm »
I have an Aurora II that I have owned for almost 3 years.   Love it!!  My water is always crystal clear with very minimal maintenance (throw chemicals in 1-2 times a week)

Thought the spa was a bit pricey when I bought it, but am in it several times a week all year round

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 11:34:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42