What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtration Cycle on My Artesian Diamond  (Read 2224 times)

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Filtration Cycle on My Artesian Diamond
« on: September 24, 2005, 12:06:41 pm »
We've had the Diamond up and running for about two weeks and its fantastic so far! :D  Chemistry is easy and everything works as it did in our wet test.  The only question I have is regarding the filtration cycle.  This tub comes equiped with a 24 hr circ pump + ozone which are both working well.  I set the filtration cycle according to instructions to run at 6:00am/pm for 2 hours.  All the jets come on for about 1 minute at 6:00 and that's about it as far as we can tell.  The icon indicating filitration cycle appears on the display panel and remains for the two hours, but nothing else appears to happen.  Water remains clear so far with no chemical problems . . . we use MPS for shock once a week and 1/3 teaspoon diclor after each use + Nature 2 cartridge.  Is something else suppose to happen during the filtration cycle?  Just curious.

Hot Tub Forum

Filtration Cycle on My Artesian Diamond
« on: September 24, 2005, 12:06:41 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Filtration Cycle on My Artesian Diamond
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 07:54:46 pm »
During the filteration cycle the ozone comes on. You wouldn't know it though as it's automatic. If you didn't have a circ pump (you had no choice - your level of tub comes with one standard) then one of the pumps would stay on to continue filtering.

You're only running ozone for 4 hours a day with your present setting. Are you using a CD ozonator? I ran my for 8 hours a day (UV type) but recently increased it to 12 hours a day - I'm thinking I might bring it down again to 8. My water problems have subsided for the time being.

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 11:59:36 pm »
Thanks, Vinny . . . so every now and then (about every 2 hours or so) all the jets come on for a minute or two.  I understand this is to circulate water throughout the pump system to insure sanitizing of all the spa water.  From what you are saying . . . this is not the filtration cycle, but some other spa default setting??  

Hmm?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 08:57:04 am »
No, that is the filteration cycle - the pumps start at every filtration cycle so for you at 6 AM for 1 minute the pumps come on and at 6 PM the same. But if you didn't have a circ pump a pump would stay on to filter.

You currently have the filter cycle set for 2 - 2 hour periods. The only thing after the pumps run for 1 minute is the ozone comes on.

The only time you should hear the pumps run every hour is if the water gets too cold - then it goes into a special mode to protect the tub from freezing over.

Sorry for any confusion!

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 04:49:14 pm »
Thanks, Vinny . . . I'm onboard now . . . 8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 04:49:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42