What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (a photo essay)  (Read 3131 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (a photo essay)
« on: September 20, 2005, 02:03:14 pm »
What a strange and surreal week I had.  Fun, tragedy, excitement, sadness, gluttony, exhaustion.  In other words, Fair Week.

MONDAY- We start setting up the booth for the Gregg County Fair.  We are normally inside the exhibit hall but it has been commandered by FEMA for hurricane Katrina evacs.  There are 4 people in the hall the first day, ZERO the rest of the week.  ::)  Our tax dollars at work.  My boss was kind enough to let me borrow his camper for the week.

Went from the fair and set up at the Hands on a Hardbody Contest.  30 contestants stand with their hands on a truck and the last person left wins the truck and a pop-up camper.

One of the contestants in the picture would be dead by Thursday.

TUESDAY- Received the news that my wife's Mamaw Dixie had passed away at home in her bed, just like she had prayed.  She was a good woman who had a long life and was ready to go.

The fair starts and it's kind of slow the first night, as expected.  Cold Shiner Bock in the camper made for an enjoyable evening.  I ate the biggest turkey leg I had ever seen.  It dang near killed me to death.

One of my customers whose family and friends have bought several spas from me showed up at the fair in her bathing suit.  She wanted to be my swimsuit model.  I told her that the pay is terrible, but you cannot beat the working conditions.  She agreed.

Stopped by the HOHB contest on the way home.  One contestant had been eliminated in the first hour for taking his hands off the truck while talking. (Must have been Italian ;D)

WEDNESDAY- My mom and dad brought my daughter Savanna to the fair.  I took her on the Ferris Wheel.  This was her before the ride started

and this is her at the top

"I want my momma!"

By the 3rd revolution, she was OK.  Here's the view from the top

THURSDAY- While getting ready for Mamaw Dixie's funeral, I got a call saying to come pick up the spa at the Hardbody Contest.  One of the contestants walked away at the 48-hour mark, went across the street to K-Mart, threw a trashcan through the window, stole a shotgun, and made his way back to the front of the store.  The police confronted him and he put the 12-guage to his temple and pulled the trigger.  He was eliminated.

Now, I feel sorry for his wife, his two children, the other contestants, and the car dealership.  He made a selfish choice that affected a lot of people over a stupid pick-up truck.  I have to wonder what his intentions would have been if the police hadn't been on scene so quickly.  I guess we'll never know.  Contest was cancelled and we picked up the spa.

Mamaw Dixie's funeral was very moving.  I almost cried when one of her granddaughters read a poem she had written.  She'll be missed but she's in a much better place than the rest of us, especially me, because I have to go back to the fair.

Kids are attracted to water like moths to a flame.

FRIDAY- One of our service techs brought his kids and their friends to the fair.  They had a good time as kids usually do.

My wife and daughter came out to visit.

My wife just loves it when we "camp out".

SATURDAY- Long hot day.  I ate a bunch of roasted corn so that I could say I had my vegetables.  Of course, I loaded them up with butter, lemon pepper, lime pepper, Tobasco sauce, Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning, and cayenne pepper.  Glad I had some Shiner Bock in the fridge! 8)

My daughter's little friends from White Oak Primary School showed up and posed for the camera.

A full moon came out that night and folks started getting weird with my Bella Fontana....

Went home and crashed, I was whooped!

Gonna be at the Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards Food and Wine Festival this weekend with a spa.  Can't wait!

How was your week?

Terminator

« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 02:42:55 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (a photo essay)
« on: September 20, 2005, 02:03:14 pm »

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (a photo essay
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 02:35:45 pm »
You're daughter is adorable.  Looks like a young "Marcia Brady".  You sure that gun isn't real?  You're gonna need it!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 02:41:11 pm »
You're daughter is adorable.  Looks like a young "Marcia Brady".  You sure that gun isn't real?  You're gonna need it!!!

Thank you, Rex!  She's pretty like her momma but sweet like her daddy.

Believe me, I have a plan worked out for when she starts dating in the year 2028.  I will have all of my Homeland Defense Rifles laid out in the living room for cleaning when any prospective suiters come calling. ;)

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 02:42:55 pm »
Great pictures....very nice family.....but in the last picture.....why would you let some guy do that in your spa.... ;)

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 02:56:50 pm »
Great pictures...your daughter is adorable and love her name!  Thanks for sharing!
2005 Marquis Epic

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 02:58:06 pm »
Great pictures....very nice family.....but in the last picture.....why would you let some guy do that in your spa.... ;)

He was demonstrating the benefits of 100% No-Bypass Filtration. ;)  He kept at it all night!

Terminator

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 03:00:27 pm »
I have had several folk do that on the showroom floor - I never would have thought of it, and I really laughed hard the first time....

HEY!! When you borrow your boss' RV the least you could do is to use a coaster under the beer bottles!

::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 03:02:46 pm »
HEY!! When you borrow your boss' RV the least you could do is to use a coaster under the beer bottles!

::)

It was my daughter's.  She doesn't know any better.

Terminator

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 03:17:13 pm »
How was your week?

My week?  You've got to be kidding!  Nothing I could say could come close to what your week was like.  

And I'm just fine with that.
Brewman

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 06:41:42 pm »
Great post East Tx!

I really enjoyed the essay. Well done.

Keep up with the pics!

Jc

...as a side note, I remember reading about that incident all the way up here in Canada.
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 06:41:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42