What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hawkeye wet test?  (Read 2297 times)

oog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hawkeye wet test?
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:24:55 pm »
We're still looking, and checking out Hawkeye.  We can buy direct from the factory which saves a lot and still get the service offered by the competitors.  Having some trouble finding where to wet test.  Don't want to do it in the factory, and other nearby dealers have health issue concerns.  We travel a lot so any options anyone can give would be great.  

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

hawkeye wet test?
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:24:55 pm »

cappykat

Re: hawkeye wet test?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 03:05:03 pm »
I'm not a dealer so I don't know anything about Hawkeye nor do I recall reading any posts about it on this forum but you can do a search to see if there is anything.

I don't understand the "health issues" from a wet test.  We looked at all the major brands, HotSpring, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Marquis, D1, Master, and wet tested them all.  There wasn't one dealer who ever said we couldn't wet test a model because of health issues.  

That kind of raises a "red flag" to me.  I know a lot of people including dealers say the wet test isn't that important, but I think you'll find most on this forum agree that a wet test is very important.
Like I said, I don't know anything about Hawkeye or what the cost is, but I would suggest checking out some of the other brands I mentioned before deciding...and wet test, wet test.  Sitting in a dry spa won't tell you about the massage, intensity of the jets, or floating, etc.

Just my opinion...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 03:05:56 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 06:28:52 pm »
Do you think that you will really get the same service from someone you did'nt buy the spa from. If a dealer has 2 service calls, one is his customer the other is you, who he does'nt know from Adam, who's going to get the better service?

oog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 07:32:47 pm »
It's something new that has just come up.  Have looked at most of the dealers you mentioned, just haven't been enthusiastic enough about any of them, so we keep looking.  This weekend we went to a place where they mentioned that Legionaire's disease had been found in recent years around DC, caused by the infections of people climbing into tubs, so they didn't let people wet test.  What is a filter for ??? :-/  We couldn't run out of there fast enough!!! :o  The places we called today all a few hours away, might be small and not have what we're looking for.  still checking and thanks, wet test, wet test, wet test,    

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 07:59:16 pm »
Alrighty then...that would make me a bit leary also!  Hmm...

Just keep looking, I'm sure you'll find the right tub.  The people/dealers who post on this forum were a huge help to us when we were looking.  Just ask the question and I'm sure someone will help you out.

Good luck!
2005 Marquis Epic

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 09:05:54 am »
Is that dealer saying thier spas are not sanitary?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 09:35:21 am »
Do you think that you will really get the same service from someone you did'nt buy the spa from. If a dealer has 2 service calls, one is his customer the other is you, who he does'nt know from Adam, who's going to get the better service?

I'd expect that anyone I hire to perform work would give me their best.  Any legitimate service provider with any ethics at all would do the same.  
Maybe a dealer would give priority to a customer vs a non customer, but I wouldn't expect them to give crappy service to anyone.
Brewman

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 02:30:48 pm »
I'm wondering if he would be serviced by a hawkeye dealer,  who would have a good knowledge of the product, or would he be getting service from some lackey with a screw driver???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 02:30:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42