What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viatamin E Oil In Tub...  (Read 3654 times)

KissMyAce

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Viatamin E Oil In Tub...
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:47:29 am »
I would really love to know if and what types of skin products may be added to a jacuzzi like Viatamin E oil or aloe etc... So that while relaxing we can also receive other benefits... PLEASE help/respond! Email me at JacuzziViatamins@bigcranes.com

Hot Tub Forum

Viatamin E Oil In Tub...
« on: September 19, 2005, 12:47:29 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Viatamin E Oil In Tub...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 07:48:01 am »
I'll post to the board, but won't do private emails for something like this, so hopefully you return to read the other responses you asked for.

I'm wary of adding anything to the spa water that isn't marketed for spas.  Anything you add to the water outside of the usual (dichlor, bromine, MPS, )
will gradually deteriorate your water.  It may or may not be too noticible, depends on a lot of variables.
I'd be especially wary of adding any type of bath oils.
There are plenty of spa shops that sell fragrances, and skin treatment products, give it a look.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 07:50:33 am by Brewman »
Brewman

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 07:48:24 am »
you can use whatever you want!

just a matter of whether it's water soluble or not. You may get ring around the tub or clog your filters. but both can be cleaned, it's not the end of the world.

lather up!

Oh, one thing i saw at a client's house one day were pictures of their children strewn with soap suds. found out that when they are ready to do a water change they add bubble bath to the spa and let the kids go in. it's hilarious, done it with my spa and my kids go ape over it. they call it the willy wonka foam factory. i'll have to post this one as a topic. yes- do need to flush the spa after this, but it's priceless for the kids!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 08:40:01 am »
I was at the cash register at the pool store and bought a sample bottle of the spa fragrance they sell just to see how I liked it.  I barely noticed the fragrance and it has sat at the bottom of my chemical storage box ever since.  It said it had skin condtioner but I noticed nothing.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 09:11:19 am »
Oil and water do not mix.  I would not purchase a Vitamin Oil product for my spa. I have a hard enough time with my wife who uses baby oil daily and when she gets into the tub it's like the Valdez.  

I would think if someone wanted spa skin care, I would consider an "after soak" lotion that a user would out on AFTER getting out of the spa.
07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 03:02:16 pm »
There is a product called Velvet Touch that is supposed to moisturize your skin while tubbing without harm to the water sold by many spa dealers.  I have never tried it myself, so I cannot comment on how well it works.

tansu

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 03:28:54 pm »
I use baking soda and food grade aloe vera

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 03:40:47 pm »
I would really love to know if and what types of skin products may be added to a jacuzzi
You can add the same things to a Jacuzzi that you can add to any other brand of spa.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 09:17:39 pm »
Why not add a Paranha.

SemperFi
Dick

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 10:35:49 am »
My brother-in-law had one. And a 'snake head,' whatever that is. They were both illegal to sell in the US, but he got around that somehow...

He said the piranha was docile when it was by itself, so if you want some real action, you'd have to add a small school of them.

:o :o :o :o :o
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 11:25:07 am »
My brother-in-law had one. And a 'snake head,' whatever that is. They were both illegal to sell in the US, but he got around that somehow...

He said the piranha was docile when it was by itself, so if you want some real action, you'd have to add a small school of them.

:o :o :o :o :o

Snakehead fish have been causing a big problem.  If you catch one you are not supposed to re-release it, and should call the local Department of Natural Resources.

http://www.wvdnr.gov/fishing/snakehead.shtm
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 11:25:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42