What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: brown foam in tub?  (Read 19822 times)

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
brown foam in tub?
« on: September 16, 2005, 05:34:01 pm »
Anyone got any ideas what would cause a brown ring around my tub. ive had a small foam problem over the last few days. today when i opened the cover there was this brown ring. I wiped it off  but it feels sticky almost like fat after cooking something. Is it soap scum or deodorant? ive got a scum bag in the tub. thanks for any info.

Hot Tub Forum

brown foam in tub?
« on: September 16, 2005, 05:34:01 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: brown foam in tub?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 05:44:00 pm »
What type of sanitizer are you using?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rubiconruby

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 08:00:27 pm »
im using the white river spa care number 1 prety much i think its just a type of chlorine. im stil getting the hang of this. ive had the tub for about a month and this is the first problem. is it possible its being caused by the liquid scent that i add. it says its for hot tubs

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 08:26:34 pm »
Oils from skin, lotions from skin from bathers, suntan oil. generally, a new spa owner makes some mistake within the first month of ownership and they have to drain it. Can also use natural spa enzyme cleaner as an additional weekly treatment.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 08:59:33 pm »
If you use any type of Bright and Clear thats what will do that. It takes the dirt and oil in the water and makes it into the brown scum so it can be taken out. I use it once a week and let it run on high and clean off all the scum until its gone.  The water comes out realy clear. :o
I just did mine today and it almost as good as New water. ;D

newbbie

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 12:58:32 pm »
I use bright and clear and have the same results, some brown "goo".  How do you clean it up?  I have just been wiping it off with a shop towel, wondered if there was some magically easier method to remove the goo?  Sure does get the water clearer after I do it, you are right on.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 01:08:44 pm »
I use bright and clear and have the same results, some brown "goo".  How do you clean it up?  I have just been wiping it off with a shop towel, wondered if there was some magically easier method to remove the goo?  Sure does get the water clearer after I do it, you are right on.

The Mr. Clean Magic Erasers  work very well in cleaning the sides of the spa.
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 01:26:11 pm »

The Mr. Clean Magic Erasers  work very well in cleaning the sides of the spa.

My wife also found that to be the ONLY thing that will clean the grout in our shower COMPLETELY and she's always telling the neighbors to use it for everything.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 02:42:47 pm »
Its from a lot of makeup, and alot of lotion, and a little soap redidue in the suits.  Had it once when a bunch of my daughter friends used the tub.

rubiconruby

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 07:41:23 am »
Thanks all. It is all clean now. I thnk another problem i had is being new i kept trying to treat it and not waiting enough time. i took a sample to the dealer and they said the same thing about dirt and oils. they also said for me to leave it alone for 24 hrs. haha. go figure they were right. Now im annoying people teling them to rinse their suits. As far as im concerned to bad for them. Some just dont get it. thanks againf or the advice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 07:41:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42