What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help me Narrow it down!!  (Read 3588 times)

ajoy1216

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Help me Narrow it down!!
« on: September 17, 2005, 12:54:56 pm »
Looked at them all..........

Artesian
D1
Hydropool
Master
Resort Spas
Marquis
HotSpring
Sundance
and others....

Posted here before............
Now I have it narrowed to 3.

Hotspring Grandee
Marquis Epic
D1 Lotus Bay

Lookin' for some hard core facts to help me make my decision.

Chemicals, maintenance & filters, power, warranties, etc.

I also am in the cold of Minnesota and by the lake --- which means more mice...

Thank you for all your replies.  I really appreciate the help of those who know spas!

Hot Tub Forum

Help me Narrow it down!!
« on: September 17, 2005, 12:54:56 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Help me Narrow it down!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 01:15:56 pm »
There has been much talk here recently about all of the spas you are considering .....The reality is all three are very good and you will most likely be equally happy with any of them ....Cost to operate and needed chemicals will be about the same for all of them....Warrantys on all 3 are very close and as important all the company's will honor them....Of the 3 the Marquis is transferable and that is maybe the one practical difference ....If you have wet tested and are Happy with them all....I would go for the best value and the dealer you like the best.....I am of course partial to the Marquis but as a dealer for them...That is understandable but to be fair I highly respect the D-1 and Hot Springs. Enjoy what ever you choose..... :D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 01:16:47 pm by Mendocino101 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 01:50:09 pm »
Lookin' for some hard core facts to help me make my decision.

Fact#1: There are poeple here who own/sell each of them and can tell you how much they love their spa but that really only means so much because:

Fact #2: All 3 of those are bascially known to be top of the line spas with very good warranties and very good manufacturers backing them.

Fact #3: How each of those spas feels/fits you and your family should be the ultimate tiebreaker assuming you're satisfied with each indiviual dealer's willingness to service your needs (we know the manufacturers are each solid).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 02:35:08 pm »
I see the Lotus Bay on your list.  Out of curiosity, did you check into the Arctic Tundra (if you have a dealer reasonable close).  I didn't see Arctic on your overall "checked into" list.  It too is a captain seat in each corner layout in a full 8x8 tub.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 02:36:11 pm by rexspent »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 02:35:58 pm »
I know where you can get a 14 month old Marquis SA Reward, with a warranty  ;)  Are you in the Twin Cities?

Ruby
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 02:37:26 pm by Ruby »
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 03:47:26 pm »
I see the Lotus Bay on your list.  Out of curiosity, did you check into the Arctic Tundra (if you have a dealer reasonable close).  I didn't see Arctic on your overall "checked into" list.  It too is a captain seat in each corner layout in a full 8x8 tub.

Does the Arctic come with a massage sequencer and double chamber ozone system standard?
Homeworks Financing Representative

ajoy1216

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 03:58:33 pm »
Artic was not on my list because I felt there was too much distance to the dealership.  I have heard good things about them.  I love the atmosphere of the D1 it is just a bit "different" , and kind of "swanky" - yet I am wondering if the babbling waterfall is a bit intrusive and if I will feel like it is small  inside the tub- due to its clover shape.  It holds about 375 gallons of water versus 500 of the Hotsprings.    They are going to fill the tub for a wet test next week.  Yet, it is innovative.  The headrests also move up and down with the jets actually built in to them.  Then you aren' t getting the splashed in the face feel like with other headrests that don't fit properly.  Yet, would this be a maintenace issue. Thoughts out there? Owners of this specific d1 model?

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 07:09:49 pm »
Of course I'm partial to the Marquis Epic.  Our tub is in and we went to the dealer to see it today.  Driftwood cabinet and Dessert Horizon shell....it is BEAUTIFUL!!

Our screened porch is coming along and hopefully we'll be able to set a delivery date.

I'm sure you'll be happy with any of your top 3 choices.  Good luck!

2005 Marquis Epic

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 07:11:39 pm »
Does the Arctic come with a massage sequencer and double chamber ozone system standard?

No, it gives an excellent massage without gimmicky stuff like massage sequencers.  A large majority of the jets actually rotate with several different patterns available.  These are not the same "spinners" found on other spas based on my research.  With the peak ozone system certified at 500mg of ozone per hour, it only needs one ozone system to be effective ;D.  It's a very comfortable tub. I know what you were implying.  The Lotus is a nice tub, but the Tundra is a nice alternative to consider.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 07:24:37 pm »
I thought D1's solution to the neck jet was nice because different height people could set it specifically for them, and you could set it so they were in the water and not splashing.  With a 5 year warranty, I wouldn't worry about maintenance of them.  It seemed pretty sturdy.  D1 makes a nice tub, but they seem to be "deeper" than most which didn't work so well for us.  

ajoy1216

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 08:21:02 pm »
Here is a big difference between the three and more thoughts for this board.,...

The D1 and Marquis have quite a bit more "bucket" seating.  The seats are much more defined than the HS Grandee.  Althought the HS has great jets, it is more of a "floater" spa that makes it easier to move from one seat to the next.  I liked how the mechanics of the Hot Spring were so seperated and clean inside the space.   Bad point ---- I think the Grandee is too Grandee (Large   :( )   so I might have to go to a smaller tub.  The other two will still work.  But with kids in the tub - the floater Idea is kind of nice.

Rambling -- thoughts?

Iceman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 08:42:18 pm »
If you have room  and can afford the Grandee how can it be too large? With kids I would think the extra room would be welcome.

tootall

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 09:27:35 pm »
I am bias to the Epic I love it.

jeffn49

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2005, 11:36:40 am »
We have had a D-1 Diplomat with adjustable headrests with jets for about six months, and maintenance has been no problem.  Wiping them down with sponge keeps them clean. Also, you are right about the advantages of being able to adjust them - our friends who vary in height from 5'3" to 6'3" have enjoyed the shoulder/neck massage (although a spa pillow is recommended for the vertically challenged).

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 12:18:13 pm »

No, it gives an excellent massage without gimmicky stuff like massage sequencers.  A large majority of the jets actually rotate with several different patterns available.  These are not the same "spinners" found on other spas based on my research.  With the peak ozone system certified at 500mg of ozone per hour, it only needs one ozone system to be effective ;D.  It's a very comfortable tub. I know what you were implying.  The Lotus is a nice tub, but the Tundra is a nice alternative to consider.

Just to clarify ( pardon the pun) the ozone system on D-One ( & LA Spas) is one system but pushes the ozonated water thru vertical chambers.  The result of forcing the bubbles to go up & down gives the ozone a much better opportunity to mix into solution and oxodize the contaminates than simply adding the ozone bubbles "in-line".  
Also, those who have sat in front of the "Sequencer" would argue that it is not a gimmick, but a very nice option for jet variety.

As for the original question.  Having sold D-1 & Hot Spring, I would buy the D-1 hands down.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 12:20:06 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2005, 12:18:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42