What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS, Jacuzzi, or Sundance???  (Read 3203 times)

Sgt

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HS, Jacuzzi, or Sundance???
« on: September 18, 2005, 02:17:35 pm »
We have been researching and shopping for a hot tub for about 3 weeks now and need to make a decision tomorrow.  We are deciding between a Hot Springs Vista($8495), Jacuzzi 385 w/ozone system($8271), or a Sundance Maxxus w/stereo ($9700).  
Also, how important is an ozone system?
We are new to this and welcome any suggestions or ideas.

Hot Tub Forum

HS, Jacuzzi, or Sundance???
« on: September 18, 2005, 02:17:35 pm »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Re: HS, Jacuzzi, or Sundance???
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 02:39:52 pm »
All of the tubs you have mentioned seem to be highly recommended on this forum and are manufacturered by companies with good reputations.

You will also find a few discussions about ozone.  I just know that my dealer told me that it would help keep the water clean and I would use less chemicals.  Compared to a tub that I had many years ago without ozone, that seems to be true so far.

Test all 3 tubs and the one that makes you say "Ahhhh" is the one that you should buy.  ;D

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 03:33:48 pm »
You can't go wrong with any of these tubs.  All get very high marks.  Go with the one that FEELS the best to you.
2005 Marquis Epic

Duffman

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 04:08:35 pm »
Hi Sgt,
I agree with the other posts and think your decision is going to come down to your wet test experiences. You also might consider the dealer you would be doing business with as a means to narrow down your choices. Check the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) on each one and ask for references. Every dealer will claim to have great service so take a little time to do your homework. If any of the dealers look shady and/or act like used car salesmen, you might use that information to help as a tie breaker.

If you are willing to offer a few observations of your own, I would be very interested in reading what you liked and disliked about each of these three spas. Also, can you please state what state/region you live and what extras the deal comes with (e.g., steps, cover lifter, etc...)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback
Duffman
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 04:20:22 pm by Duffman »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 08:32:45 pm »
I follow suit with the others. We are diehard hotspring though.
Ozone is helpful.
Vista-high performance.

you'll wonder how you got along without one(spa).
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 09:42:35 pm »
With these as the choices I would say that you would have to add the stereo to the HS & Jacuzzi to be fair.  If that is the case I would vote for the Sundance.  
Measure once, cut twice.

airheads

• '05 SD Maxxus!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 10:22:16 pm »
Well, we looked for a similar amount of time, and had it narrowed down to the Jacuzzi 385 and the Maxxus.  We wet tested both, and both were very good, but ended up getting the Maxxus with the stereo.  We felt that, for us, the Maxxus had a better massage, and we liked the filtering system better too.  Either would be an excellent tub.  Our Maxxus is supposed to be delivered this Tuesday.  ;D  

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 08:49:03 am »
My original plan was to get one of those real big tubs that has a spa on one side and a dipping pool on the other that ended up costing slightly less than an inground pool and seemed to have an inferior spa.

I then went on to looking at the Maxxus, which is one awesome spa, but probably would have been too big for my patio.  Regardless, that is one nice spa.

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 09:52:01 am »
All three of these spas come with good warranties and high reccomendations. Any spa that you think will fit you the best is the one you should buy.
Good luck

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 11:11:38 am »
I agree with orlandoguy...price being no issue I would have chosen the Maxxus.  It is "one nice spa"!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 11:11:58 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 11:11:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42