What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Quail Ridge  (Read 8841 times)

rickw

Artesian Quail Ridge
« on: September 16, 2005, 08:56:41 am »
This forum has been great.  After weeks of wet testing and talking to salesmen, we think we now have a reasonable choice.  

We don't need a six man.

We decided that the following were the most important (in our order of priority)
1.) Comfort during wet test
2.) Control of individual jets
3.) Construction
4.) Warranty
5.) Dealer
6.) Price
7.) Delivery
8.) Color

If the wet test goes well, we believe we will sign the dotted line for an Artesian Quail Ridge.  What's a good price?  What can I expect?

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Quail Ridge
« on: September 16, 2005, 08:56:41 am »

rickw

Re: Artesian Quail Ridge
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 12:45:07 pm »
C'mon guys.  Four hours and no responses??  Doesn't anyone have anything to say about Artesian Platinum model Quail Ridge?  Prices?  Good? Bad?

About to take the plunge.....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 12:51:47 pm »
The only thing that caught my eye was your quote about not needing a 6 man tub.

Just because it has 6 seats doens't mean 6 adults can comfortably use it.  My tub is 7' x 7' (no lounger) has 6 seats but feels "cramped" with more than 4 adults in it.  From what I've read this is true for most of the tubs. So if you feel you're getting a 5 person at once spa, you might want to re-think that.

Why don't you tell us what the price is? Many of us may not be familliar with your particuliar tub, but can compare $ to what we have.

Good luck.
07 Caldera Geneva

rickw

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 12:59:32 pm »
After a lot of discussion with owners of tubs, we decided that it is not likely we are going to have a lot of parties and things like that.  Oue feeling was that 95% of the time, three of us will be using it.

I don't know the final sell price.  I asked them to prepare a decent sell price with everything, cover. lifter, install, delivery, chemicals, steps.

They told me it lists for 13k but they could sell it for 30% off list.  That would be $9100.

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 01:03:42 pm »
We bought an Artesian Diamond spa last month.  It's part of Artesian's Gold line . . . a step down from Platinum.  We paid $7600 including steps, ozone, chemicals, cover lifter, delivery and tax.   Assuming that your $9100 excludes tax . . . you are paying about 2,000 more that we did . . . but it's a more expensive line generally so not sure if prices can be compared.

Hope this helps.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 01:05:08 pm »
Tell me that's $9100 canadian dollars.
07 Caldera Geneva

rickw

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 01:08:35 pm »
It's US

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 01:11:54 pm »
 Looked at the specs...5 pumps? Holy crap.  :o  I understand now the $9100 price tag.

Sorry.

07 Caldera Geneva

rickw

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 01:14:51 pm »
The individual seat control caught my eye.  It is intriguing.  I'll let everyone know after we try it out.  Still a little worried about the price.

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 03:24:04 pm »
Maybe this isn't a concern, but how energy efficient is 5 pumps?
2005 Marquis Epic

nomios_slc

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 03:35:37 pm »
If 95% of the time you will have 3 or less in the tub, why would you need a tub with 5 pumps
???

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 03:41:30 pm »
Maybe this isn't a concern, but how energy efficient is 5 pumps?

If those 5 pumps pull the same current as two bigger ones, then the energy consumption is equal.  I'm thinking either these are smaller draw pumps, or there is a limit to how many can run at the same time.  
The pumps can be smaller and be effective if they are only powering a limited amount of jets.

If this spa runs on a 50 amp breaker, then it's energy consumption while under power is probably on par with other spas.  It's insulation and cover have more to do with efficiency, since the pumps are only on a little each day.

Brewman

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 04:05:59 pm »
Hi!
I have a Artesian Piper Glen since May, cost to run, about 35.00 month US. Just me and my wife, almost every night for about 45 min. After I add chemicals I run all the pumps again, (20 mins.) so that the water mixes.  great tub, no problems, clean, clear water all the time. The tub has Oz, with Nature 2 and I just use diclor, about one teaspoon after each use. I leave it set on 104 degrees all the time. It is used late at night between 10:00 and 12:00, rest of the time it's covered, outside, about 40 miles north of Boston  I tink Artesian is a good choise

john

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 04:42:46 pm »
The pump size on Artesian's platinum series is 3 HP I believe. If only 2 people are in the tub then only 2 pumps are on. Each seat has a pump associated with it.

Of course this is theoretical usage because we get in the tub and my youngest has to have all the motors on.

$9,100 is about right as I think the Piper Glen is about $10,000 at my dealer. As with any higher end tub, the Artesians come fully equipt at that price. I believe they come with ozone and SS rings around jets. About the only thing you need to add is the coverlifter (approx $200) and steps (approx $100); if you really need a radio - I think it's about $700 - not too sure though.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 05:15:33 pm »
Vinny, is correct. The spa comes standard with five 3 HP Pumps. Each seat has its own individual pump, so if two people are in the spa, then only two pumps are running. Of course, there is a sixth pump, that is not counted, but that is the 24 hour circulation pump. The spa does run on a 50 amp breaker. The Quailridge is in the Platinum Line, so the prices will run 1500-2000 more than the Gold Series. In the Platinum Line, not only does each person have their own pump, but also the patented Direct-Flo Controller, allowing each user to adjust water and air flo, from 65 - 125 GPM's. Different from spas equipped with Diverter Valves, the Direct Flo will not take or change pressure to another person seat. As always, it's best to wet test, to see if this spa is right for you. The Quail Ridge will seat 5 adults comfortably. Enjoy the wet test. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 05:15:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42