What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2-3 weeks and we'll be soaking in our Caspian!!!!!  (Read 3691 times)

Cass

• Loving our Tiger River Caspian!!!!!!
2-3 weeks and we'll be soaking in our Caspian!!!!!
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:34:46 pm »
We bought it tonight!!!!  Yipeeeeeee   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Delivery will be in 2-3 weeks!!  We got our pre-delivery instructions and GFCI sub-panel.  I hope our back gate is wide enough for it to get through.  If we take it off it's hinges and move the post it's approx. 40 inches wide.  That should be sufficient.  I cannot wait!!!!   ;D ;D

Hot Tub Forum

2-3 weeks and we'll be soaking in our Caspian!!!!!
« on: September 15, 2005, 11:34:46 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 2-3 weeks and we'll be soaking in our Caspian!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:43:36 pm »
 If we take it off it's hinges and move the post it's approx. 40 inches wide.  That should be sufficient.  ;D ;D

Without seeing the specs on that spa I can tell you that 40" is more than enough for any normal (or even large) spa. Congrats and I hope your fingernails can hold up to the wait.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Cass

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 11:48:52 pm »
Thanks.   :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 09:07:36 am »
Congratualations on the buying your spa. You'll be very happy with the Caspain.  My wife and I (and familly and friends) are very happy with it.

The Caspian is 7' X 7' by 36". It should fit through the gate.

The only problem (user error) I had when I had my Caspian installed, I inadvertently flipped both of the circuit breakers on at the same time  which caused the heater re-set to trip. It took me a day or so to figure why the tub wasn't heating. (as well as ahelpful  tip from Chas).  So when you first fill up, turn the breaker for the pumps on first and let them run for several minutes to flush out any air and then turn the heater circuit breaker on.

What color did you get?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 09:08:12 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Cass

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 09:20:24 am »
Congratualations on the buying your spa. You'll be very happy with the Caspain.  My wife and I (and familly and friends) are very happy with it.

The Caspian is 7' X 7' by 36". It should fit through the gate.

The only problem (user error) I had when I had my Caspian installed, I inadvertently flipped both of the circuit breakers on at the same time  which caused the heater re-set to trip. It took me a day or so to figure why the tub wasn't heating. (as well as ahelpful  tip from Chas).  So when you first fill up, turn the breaker for the pumps on first and let them run for several minutes to flush out any air and then turn the heater circuit breaker on.

What color did you get?

Thanks for letting me know about that.  :)  We got the silver pearl.  I just LOVE that color!!!  It's supposed to be a $300 upgrade, but he included it for nothing.  The dealer really treated us wonderfully and gave a a great deal.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 09:58:08 am »

Thanks for letting me know about that.  :)  We got the silver pearl.  I just LOVE that color!!!  It's supposed to be a $300 upgrade, but he included it for nothing.  The dealer really treated us wonderfully and gave a a great deal.  

The silver peal looks really sharp and I seriolusly considered it, but after looking at the colors of my house, and setting, I begrudgeldy opted for the redwood  colored cabinet and granite colored shell.  The silver was a bit too mod for my country barn styled house and rustic setting.

The bug zapper blue light  (as my wife calls it) looks really nice at night. You're gonna love it.

The other thing I didn't pay attention to was when the dealer told me the cover mate lifter MUST be installed so it lifts opposite of the control panel.  This maynot be an issue for you, but for me, I learned about it  the day before I took delivery and realized I need to "re-orientate the tub from how I originally planned.  It all worked out thankfully.
07 Caldera Geneva

Cass

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 10:08:17 am »
Thanks.  If you're facing the control panel,  which side of the cabinet has the pump,electrical, etc.?  Also is there a place in the cabinet to store your chemicals?  I'm looking forward to seeing the blue light at night, along with the waterfall.  It's nice that you can still hear the waterfall even when the spa is running.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 10:22:20 am »
Thanks.  If you're facing the control panel,  which side of the cabinet has the pump,electrical, etc.?  Also is there a place in the cabinet to store your chemicals?  I'm looking forward to seeing the blue light at night, along with the waterfall.  It's nice that you can still hear the waterfall even when the spa is running.  

The  pump cabinet is on the "Front" of the spa. This is direcntly below the control panel. If you remove the 4 screws to this panel, you'll see the heater and pumps. Along the bottom edge of this space is some mesh, metal venting, your electrician will have to snip a hole through the mesh to run the wires).

The coverlifter must be mounted on the side opposite of this.

Actually, sitting in the spa with both pumps on I cannot hear the waterfall.  YMMV.

The other handy tip the dealer gave me was to fill the water to about 1/2 below the pillows.  so they are not soaking 24/7 in the water .  They told me this would  extend the life of them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 10:32:08 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Cass

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 10:31:27 am »
That's good to know.  Thank you.  

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 10:22:40 pm »
Caspian is square, the lifter can go one of three sides other than the controls. We've been a dealer of that manufacturer for  23 years. We wouldn't sell anything else, and we could.

have a ball, you deserve it!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 12:50:14 pm »
Enjoy Spatopia!!

May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water!!!  I have a pearl Vanguard and still love the color!  It still looks as beautiful as the first day I got it!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 12:50:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42