What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How easily can it be done?  (Read 1760 times)

pdabill

How easily can it be done?
« on: September 14, 2005, 08:47:45 pm »
I am considering placing a new spa in an indoor room. I am in the process of getting the windows replaced in the room where the spa might go. I removed the old windows so the room is open to the outside now. The opening of the window is big enough to fit the spa through it, but I think it might be difficult! The window opening is 38 inches from the ground, so the spa would have to be lifted that high. The spa I think I am going to purchase (Jacuzzi 315) is 640 pounds. Will it be a problem getting it through the opening? The opening is 50 inches tall and 12 feet wide. Through the window opening is the only way I could get the spa into the room since the doors aren't wide enough that go into the room. It will definitely be permanent once my new windows get installed!

Hot Tub Forum

How easily can it be done?
« on: September 14, 2005, 08:47:45 pm »

J._McD

Re: How easily can it be done?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 09:18:19 pm »
The way it goes in is usuallly the only way it will come out.  22 years in the business and no one ever plans on taking them out, but yet we have all been there to do that.  some time we simply cut them up into pieces.

If your dealer is good it will get in, be sure to tip the crew that accomplishes this feat, otherwise get some of your friends and lift it up and through the opening.  It is a good spa manufacturer, but remember, even Mercedes has a service department.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 05:25:40 pm »
It sure wouldn't hurt to ask the window installers if there is any way to install the windows in such a way that they could be pulled out to allow for removal in the future - even if you never do it, a potential home-buyer may want to know that it can be accomplished.

Just something to think about.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 05:25:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42