What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: BioGuard Chlorine Kit  (Read 2750 times)

Saycheese

BioGuard Chlorine Kit
« on: September 14, 2005, 12:15:56 am »
Hello All,  My new spa start up kit (BioGuard) states that I should fill the spa for the first time and then add a superchlorination dose of Chlorinating Concentrate...run for two hours and then drain, clean, and refill.  The spa (2004 -Hot Spot Sorrento) has never been used (no water ever) and has been cleaned with Windex , has always had the cover on and  is spotless. Any ideas?   Thank You.
Just a cheese head...
Go Badgers!

Hot Tub Forum

BioGuard Chlorine Kit
« on: September 14, 2005, 12:15:56 am »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: BioGuard Chlorine Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 01:00:04 am »
Shock initially but I don't believe there's a valid reason to drain it again.

Steve

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 10:03:52 am »
I agree with Steve.  Then follow Chas's advice and drain it for the first time at 30 days.

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:04:13 am »
Hello All,  My new spa start up kit (BioGuard) states that I should fill the spa for the first time and then add a superchlorination dose of Chlorinating Concentrate...run for two hours and then drain, clean, and refill.  The spa (2004 -Hot Spot Sorrento) has never been used (no water ever) and has been cleaned with Windex , has always had the cover on and  is spotless. Any ideas?   Thank You.

The reason Bio-Guard recommends this is to prevent any bacteria that may have been growing in the lines from infecting the spa.  Most spa companies wet test their spas for leaks and then blow out the lines for shipment.  Not all the water is always removed and bacteria and/or fungi can grow in those dark plumbing lines.  Bio-Guard is just being super safe.  If you shock the spa with a big enough dose you will be fine.  BTW since spas tend to get very heavy usage in the first few weeks, it is not a bad idea to follow Chas' advise and drain it at 30 days.  Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:04:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42