What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Review of my 2 month old Arctic Tundra  (Read 6418 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Review of my 2 month old Arctic Tundra
« on: September 12, 2005, 03:35:34 pm »
Ok all, I thought that I should give you an update on my tub now that I am two months into it.

Ok the tub has been pretty much little to no maitenance.  I add my chemicals weekly and thats it.  I shock usually after each use unless bromine level high.  My only issue with chemicals is the alkalinity.  It tends to stay a little low.

The tub has contured seats which some have argued are not that comfy and not good for particular sized people.  I love the seats, I find that they have deep seats for good soaks and I dont find that they are uncomfortable.  I have had several different sized people in the tub, and not one complaint yet.  I find the arm rests to be great.  They help

The jets are great very good deep message.  The only problem that I have is that the jets tend to spin which turns them on and off.

i have had no water line or scaleing issues at all.  I have been using the micro pure filter and I have great quality water which is usually crystal clear (excpet when alk issue).  I have not had to clean the filter or add all the extra chems that are associated to the hot tub.  

I use a water softner that does not effect calcium.  It makes the water feel like a million bucks.

The lights are great at night, for some reason I find that the lights almost give you an extra form of relaxation.

Not a big fan of the waterfall, not really needed in my opinion.

Ok now for all the tech crap that I hate hearing about.  Not one issue as of yet.  The main concern that I had was with TP tubs is that the pipes tend to move and cause leaks.  So far so good, lets knock on wood.  The cedar is holding up well and I clean it every other week with a chemical that the dealer gave me.

What I recommend, for new buyers is the scum spunge or whatever you call it.  I find that since I have been using this I dont have the later of junk on top of my water.  I strongly recommend the water softner, it makes the water feel great.

I love my tub, it fits great and I am so very happy with it.  Arctic Spas truly makes a wonderful product, and I encourage many to atleast wet test it when considering a new tub.  It is a competitive tub once you get past the hype and garbage sales tactics.

All in all, I love my purchase, no regrets.

Hot Tub Forum

Review of my 2 month old Arctic Tundra
« on: September 12, 2005, 03:35:34 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Review of my 2 month old Arctic Tundra
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:56:31 pm »
Good to hear.....I am sure you will enjoy it for years to come.... :D

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 04:32:01 pm »
I'm jealous.............the Tundra is my favorite of any spa I've tested including others in the Arctic line.  Maybe soon.........

Specifically what softener do you use?  I'd like to know before this thread get buried in a FF/TP debate.......LOL

Congrats and glad to hear you really like the tub.  
Do you recall how much they said the lights option was?  I'd like to know before going back in.  

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 04:34:58 pm by rexspent »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 06:33:17 pm »
Great to hear Bosco! Enjoy it for many years in good health!

Steve

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 06:47:56 pm »
When you say you have an Alkalitity issue what do you mean? If your TA is a bit low but your PH stays in range without alot of trouble don't sweat it. If you have trouble with your PH going whacko...then maybe you will have to play with your TA. I found Bromine to be the culprit in lowering Total Alkalitity, but as long as my PH stayed in range (which in my case it didn't, it also went down over time) it seemed that a low TA 60-80 was not a problem as long as the PH stayed at 7.2 to 7.8 I used to let my PH go down to 7.2 or even below before I adjusted it with sodium bicarbonate to raise both it and the TA at the same time.
Retired

fletch49

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 08:14:47 pm »
Bosco - My Arctic spa suits me well also. Glad to hear you're happy with your Tundra.

I tried that blue water conditioner as well, and suspect that it was causing my cloudy water issue. I tried it for 2 months and both months, I would get cloudy water and have to dump my water.

I am fairly meticulous when it comes to water chemistry in my spa, and for the first time in the year of ownership, I was getting cloudy water after I began using that product.

I'm not entirely sure, if that was the culprit, or the new Home Depot bromine that I have been using is the problem, but I suspect it was the water conditioner.

Let me know how you make out with that stuff.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 10:09:49 pm »
fletch good to hear from you again.  The softner is awsome, my water has never been clearer.  When it goes cloudy, I check my water and alk is always low.  I just use two caps of perfect balance, and one cap adjust down once a week and im back to perfect.

Another thing that I have noticed is that sometimes my bromine creeps up high and the water clouds.  I open the lid run the boost cycle twice and wala!!! presto clear water.  I think I have the chemistry down.  

Ph creeps up a little every week or so not much, pretty consistant.  Two months no water change, only use chemicals as needed.

Fletch as for the softner try this. First use I add two capfuls, and every week 1/2 cap.  Been using 6 weeks and loving it.  It is amazing stuff.  When your in the water feels like a million bucks.    

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 11:48:02 pm »
Bosco,

What water softner are you using?  It sound like a good product.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 09:29:30 am »
"scaling issues"

What are scaling issues? It's my understanding that scale can build up on the heater elements and reduce it's efficently and life,  and I use a "Defender" product to reduce that but are ther are scaling issues to be aware of?

07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 05:49:37 pm »
sorry I may have used the wrong term, I thought that junk that sits on the shell was scaling.  Im sorry if not right term

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 05:49:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42